OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Jersey Giant hatched 6 30 and 7 2, fingers crossed a few more pip.

Yahoo!! New babies!! Congratulations, they are beautiful.

Thank you!

I have corrugated clear panel roofing on half of my run and chicken wire on other half. Works great to keep snow and rain off since I pitched it very steep.

Originally I had only planned to roof 3-4' of the run to keep the feeder protected and a little shelter for my chickens when it's raining if they don't want to go in the coop. I had left a gap approxiimately 4x5' adjoining the A-roof and the flat-roofed chicken wire for months since I don't know How to close off the triangular opening. One Sunday morning I came out to the run to feed the chickens when I saw flapping smaller bird inside it and none of my chickens to be found. A hawk swoop in the small gap didn't know how to get out.

I decided to roof the entire half of of the run since am also tired of mud and muddy eggs.

Love your run. Where did you find your clear panels?

I lost all three of my mille fleur d'Uccles for the second time. I love the mille fleur coloring, but that's six d'Uccles I've lost this year. I think I'll try a different breed.

They were really pretty and sweet. The female died and then we came home to find the boys dead the next day. All six came from the same hatchery so it was probably just bad stock. I lost the original three a day after I brought them home. Thankfully, my OEGB boys are doing well.

Back
Top Bottom