OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Thank you, but I was thinking of ideas that didn't have to do with size. I would go back to bed if I saw a quail the size of my orpington. I designed my chicken coops in a way that minor edits could change them into rabbit or quail housing. I was thinking more along the lines of personal experiences or if anyone else thought it was a feasible idea.

My husband isn't enthusiastic about the cost of chicken feed which brought me to the quail idea. I would have the quail and mostly bantam chickens if I sold the rest.

Thank you, but I was thinking of ideas that didn't have to do with size. I would go back to bed if I saw a quail the size of my orpington. I designed my chicken coops in a way that minor edits could change them into rabbit or quail housing. I was thinking more along the lines of personal experiences or if anyone else thought it was a feasible idea.

My husband isn't enthusiastic about the cost of chicken feed which brought me to the quail idea. I would have the quail and mostly bantam chickens if I sold the rest.

Quail need game bird feed or a high protein.

Have you looked at any of the Coturnix Quail threads? Tons of info there as well. I have only had mine a few months now. 4 hens and 2 males. We keep them in doors in their own pens. Ours are for food use mostly. Have my first hatch if them going now and so far it's going pretty well.

So I have this lovely little blond girl of mixed origin. I can barely see her ears but they are white. Then the other night I was in the coop with a flashlight and caught her in just the right light, her ears have a bluish tinge. Almost iridescent. Will she lay blue eggs? I know there were Easter Eggers among the flock she came from. I'm so curious about this new development.

So I have this lovely little blond girl of mixed origin. I can barely see her ears but they are white. Then the other night I was in the coop with a flashlight and caught her in just the right light, her ears have a bluish tinge. Almost iridescent. Will she lay blue eggs? I know there were Easter Eggers among the flock she came from. I'm so curious about this new development.

Is she LF or bantam? She has some OEGB look to her. Had to look back at a few pics of mine, and noticed kind of a blueish tinge on this girl too. But her eggs are tan to off-white.

She is standard size with feathered yellow feet. She has a slight necklace of darker feathers and a few scattered in her wings and tail. I've never noticed a blue tint on my leghorns, my only white ear comparisons. I thought she would lay white eggs but when I saw that blue in the light it got me wondering. I'll find out in 2 weeks or so. LOL

Here she is giving me the please stop with pictures look.

We've never seen coons around my area before. But a week ago now, something got two of my silkies in the middle of the night, the game camera only showed a possum, so I thought that was what got them, but caught two coons on my game camera last night, and caught the smaller in the trap. My mom just wants to move them, but I said no, its getting shot as soon as my dad gets home. Sad thing is, is that I had just bought the silkies a week prior, and had just finished the secure coops for them the next day.

Back
Top Bottom