OHio ~ Come on Buckeyes, let me know your out there!

Do any of you guys sell eggs and what are you charging? We were charging 1.50 per dozen, 1.25 each for two dozen or more. Originally, people were looking at us like they thought that was expensive. Now, people are beginning to ask us for eggs, and they're looking at us like they think that's cheap. Ohio is notoriously cheap, so what d'ya think?
While I've only sold a few dozen to a neighbor, I charge $4. I feed organically and add lots of extras to their feed. I'm in Johnstown (NE of Columbus). I only have 7 of original 10 right now. Raising 10 chicks now to add to flock. Most of my extra eggs go to my son. Keeps him willing to help out around here! LOL

Johnstown here, Licking County. Just started with chickens last year. Had 10, down to 7. Two were taken by hawks and one died for unknown reasons. I have Barred Rock, Black Australorps, Golden Comet, ISA Browns. Currently have 10 chicks - Easter Egger, Buff Orpington, Cuckoo Maran, Auaucana, Black laced Wyandotte and Black Australorps. This spring we are planning to fence in a large area for the chickens and build a bigger, better coop. Last year we used a chicken tractor and wintered the chickens in a portion of my garden shed. Really enjoying this new endeavor!

While I've only sold a few dozen to a neighbor, I charge $4. I feed organically and add lots of extras to their feed.

We also charge $4 for our mixed dozens. We also feed organically and let them forage in a fenced prairie. Our flock includes Ameraucanas. Marans, Welsummers, Olive Eggers, Orpingtons, Plymouth Rocks and Sussex so the mixed dozens are colorful. We get $6/dozen for straight blue egg requests. We sell mostly to cooking schools and a few other customers in Columbus. Locally in Hocking county, we sell the light brown egg dozens for $2 which is the going rate around here. The girls are laying 12/15 a day.
mixed dozen.jpg

We also charge $4 for our mixed dozens. We also feed organically and let them forage in a fenced prairie. Our flock includes Ameraucanas. Marans, Welsummers, Olive Eggers, Orpingtons, Plymouth Rocks and Sussex so the mixed dozens are colorful. We get $6/dozen for straight blue egg requests. We sell mostly to cooking schools and a few other customers in Columbus. Locally in Hocking county, we sell the light brown egg dozens for $2 which is the going rate around here. The girls are laying 12/15 a day.
View attachment 1299919
Pretty eggs! We are getting 4-6 a day from our 7 hens. We and my son use most of them right now. When the next 10 start laying, I will have more to sell. And more colorful, added a Cuckoo Maran, Easter Egger and Aruacana.

We also charge $4 per doz, and we charge our families $3.5/doz with feeds becoming a big business @$26/35 lbs bag I need to charge more.

Back
Top Bottom