Ohio National...

Great show had lots of fun! Can we get a number on how many birds was there I know someone said there was suppost to be more than last year but there was several exhibitors that didn't show!!!

ep.gif
wow that's alot of birds!

turkeys are judged on body type and shape first. Shape can recieve a maximum of 62/100 points and color can recieve 38/100 points. Weight usually recieves the most emphasis with the judges. Out of 14 points available for the tail 8 can be given for color while only 6 can be awarded for shape. The bird must have had pretty amazing markings on the the feathers that were there.

THE Show was really great. THANK YOU to the SHOW COMMITTEE for a wonderful show!!!!

EMILY

Interesting choice of Show Champ. I am sure the bird is an awesome bird. But, there were SOOOO many awesome birds to choose from on Champions Row. And some that weren't chosen too were extremely nice. I am happy for the Turkey, he may live past ThanksGiving day. lolol

My two prize purchases from the weekend! My camera bit the dust, so these are taken with my webcam. My little Serama cockerel, next year's grand champ, is really typey, and poses really well, but he's a little shy today:
31816_new_image.jpg

I lost a pair of tennis shoes over the weekend (long story), so I stopped by my favorite thrift botique to replace them:
31816_new_imagea.jpg

The tennis shoes were red, but I think black/pink/white is a reasonable substitute!

I did actual tennis shoe shopping the next day at DSW in Dublin, but I needed a chaperone. Otherwise, I'd just buy another pair of something crazy.

It was disappointing that there were only 42 standard Orps shown.

This cockerel got BVin the Blacks I can't remember the fellow who showed him
071.jpg

This hen got champion English . This is not a good photo. She looks better and does stand up and hold herself better.
043.jpg
Doug Akers showed her.

This is a pullet that Doug Akers showed and she placed.
044-1.jpg

This one got BV. I believe he was owned by Fred Farthing.
059.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom