Ok ok yes I can hardly tell two my silkies apart…… what do I do?!!!

Farmgirl283420

Crowing
Feb 21, 2023
Ack yes I have four silkies and two of them are sooooo hard to tell apart I can tell them apart but I can’t just look at them and know who they are until now I’ve been able to tell all my chickens apart by look what should I do they are five weeks old urrrr I can’t believe it a chicken mama hardly can tell apart her chicks!

I had chicks like that. I would recommend different colored bands on their legs. When they get to be around seven weeks old, you should be able to tell them apart. And if the bands work, they shouldn’t hurt the chicks.

I have the same problem, as I have 9 Welsummers that all look really alike 😅 the best thing you could do is put a leg band or something of the like on them. Good luck!

Ok thanks I was worried to use bands!!! The hardest time to tell them apart is when the wind blows their feathers/hair

I have the same problem, as I have 9 Welsummers that all look really alike 😅 the best thing you could do is put a leg band or something of the like on them. Good luck!
I have four jersey giants two buff orpingtons and more chickens I just never thought it’d be this hard with silkies!!!

Ok thanks I was worried to use bands!!! The hardest time to tell them apart is when the wind blows their feathers/hair
I was worried at first, too. I thought the bands would hurt their legs, or they would try to eat them. But they worked! The chicks turned out totally fine.

I was worried at first, too. I thought the bands would hurt their legs, or they would try to eat them. But they worked! The chicks turned out totally fine.
So now that I told you a bit about them I’ll tell you their names Tilda and Belle are the ones hard to tell apart then theirs Leia and Evelyn they are really so sweet and I love them tons I think they think I’m their mom!!! I think they will be lap chickens when they grow up like all my other chickens total chickens I have are 14! I love them all so much!!! I might get leg bands or just keep telling them apart by little signs like who’s fluff is higher who knows thanks again!

I have 2 buff Orpingtons, I’ve given up calling them by their names. They are now just ButtercupSunnyYouKnowWhoIMean! My husband calls them “The Blonds and the Brunette” (Welsummer)

I have 2 buff Orpingtons, I’ve given up calling them by their names. They are now just ButtercupSunnyYouKnowWhoIMean! My husband calls them “The Blonds and the Brunette” (Welsummer)
:D works for us. We had/have 2 Buffy's (BO), 3 Linda's (Light Brahma), 5 Rosie's (RIR). If we talk about a particular one, we use band color and name, ie Red Rosie (Rosie with the red leg band).

I just don't tell them apart. I have 2 silkie pullets I can barely tell apart from their mother, let alone each other. Can't tell most of my regular pheonix hens apart either and barely van tell2 of my pheonix males apart as well.

Back
Top Bottom