Ok, they're old enough to tell. What the heck are they? :)

featherz

Veggie Chick
13 Years
Mar 22, 2010
Saratoga County, NY
Hatched out a bunch of 'blue-egg assortment' eggs. Very nice blue eggs - some were marked as EE, some as araucana, some as 'americauna'. I did get three tailless araucanas, one with tufts, out of this batch.

I am reasonably sure these are all female, as they are 15 weeks old and are showing no rooster signs, but what would you call them? EE? Tailed araucana? SuperMutt? One is obviously an EE, but with a crest - not sure how that got in there. :)

The ones not posted are black and bearded so I am guessing EE for now. We'll see what color eggs they lay. :)

The two in question have no beards, so I am thinking tailed araucana? Or just beardless EE?

And just for good measure - pretty sure this one is an EE and a girl - but why the crest? Mixed with polish or just...?

You have all girls!!!!!

Yah, was pretty sure about that at 15 weeks!
thumbsup.gif
(if one's a boy it's gonna be a stealth roo). But what kinda girls are they? (except for the last one, obviously a weird looking EE). Hopefully in a month or two I will have eggs and we'll see what I get. :)

Last edited:
Quote:
Yah, was pretty sure about that at 15 weeks!
thumbsup.gif
(if one's a boy it's gonna be a stealth roo). But what kinda girls are they? (except for the last one, obviously a weird looking EE). Hopefully in a month or two I will have eggs and we'll see what I get. :)
EEs pretty ones!

I think the bottom one with the crest could be a roo. (looks like a roo to me!)

Time will tell.

Pretty EEs.

I think the bottom one with the crest could be a roo. (looks like a roo to me!)

Time will tell.

Pretty EEs.

Hope not! I'm pretty positive on that one tho, those are girly EE colors.. But we will see - they are almost POL so I am hoping for color again in the egg basket. :)

My full Aracaunas had very fluffy head, so maybe the crest is just that she kept the top fluff, genetically, but not the ear tufts. Plus aracaunas can be pretty nervous compared to other breeds, at least in my experience, so she might just have her head feathers up when she sees you. Mine often does, even though she was hand reared.

Back
Top Bottom