***OKIES in the BYC III ***

morning guys! looks like the guineas have worked things out - they didn't read the book about being in the coop and considering it home- they all slept in the tree last nite... so will convert their coop into a broody house, silly things-

coral, here is the girl i was talking to you about, muffy's daughter- she has a topknot

OMG, i just got on and saw what had happened. Do you know what happened yet! Dont worry Ill bring you some more to POOPS since your going!

Did you see my other post? I only lost the buff. I found the other two hiding under the coop! I'm upset that I lost one, but at least the other two are fine. I put them in the house with the chicks until we can get chicken wire over the top of the chicken yard. I set some traps last night, but haven't gotten anything so far.

Just wanted to pop on and say thank you to everyone that helped last night. We are such newbies at this chicken thing. Hubby is on his way to the feed store in Shawnee to get the Corid. We were on our way last night to Atwoods to buy a gallon but hubby called the chicken guru and we decided to wait to get the smaller bottle this morning. Not sure what we would have done without all you here at BYC. (oh wait I never would have been brave enough to buy chicks if I hadn't found this place, lol).

Hope to see some of you at Blanchard tomorrow night.

Just wanted to pop on and say thank you to everyone that helped last night. We are such newbies at this chicken thing. Hubby is on his way to the feed store in Shawnee to get the Corid. We were on our way last night to Atwoods to buy a gallon but hubby called the chicken guru and we decided to wait to get the smaller bottle this morning. Not sure what we would have done without all you here at BYC. (oh wait I never would have been brave enough to buy chicks if I hadn't found this place, lol).

Hope to see some of you at Blanchard tomorrow night.

They are pretty awesome to us newbies aren't they?

Morning Folks!

The weather yesterday was just weird. Was rain while I was leaving downtown Tulsa, was sleet by the time I got home in West Tulsa, and a friend told me that on his side of Tulsa it turned to hail! We needed the rain so I'm not complaining, but those temps sure were a shock after the warmer days ahead of it.

I'm hoping our shed roof will dry out enough today that we can patch it tomorrow. Then I'll stick a fan in the future chicken closet to dry out the wood so I can get in there and paint everything next weekend. Even if I can't work on the exterior just yet, I can work on the interior.

Still haven't decided if I am getting chicks this weekend or not. If I do, I'll have to do it tonight before everyone goes and gets chicks tomorrow. I'm leaning towards no as I haven't temp tested the brooder yet and don't know how warm/cold it gets.

Morning folks. A nice sunny morning, 45 degrees here. Bubba the knucled foot calf tolerated being penned up in the shed over night, he is doing much better this friday that when I got him last friday, sucked down two bottles in about 5 minutes.
Hope everyone has a great day.

Back
Top Bottom