***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Hello everyone long time no see. Any body hear about this chicken auction over at potter hill the 17 march? The flyer says reg starts @400 and begins@ 600 at 11920 HWY 62 old J&S store.

lol... why thank you! I wasn't sure for the longest time if anyone "got" my name. I just love that show!

I knew that name was a charater on that show, but at first just thought you had the same name.
hide.gif

Anybody know if artsyrobin is around? Never did hear back from her. Here's the pic just in case. Did fairly well using the copy lifted from here.. may seem overly exaggerated but wanted to make sure you could see the definition on the cat structure, muscles, curves, etc... was fun to play with. Would like to get the original too, may be able to do more with it. Hope you like it!

Really wished I could of made it to Blanchard today. But got stuck in the city. Would love to go to the next one though!!

Tonight I am sitting here watching bids on Silkie eggs. We are so in love with them and fingers crossed I win this next bid.

Well, I went to Atwoods in Sapulpa this morning. Look what followed me home!

Two buff orpingtons, one black australorp, and two bantams of unknown breed (any guesses on them?). Their coop still hasn't been started. But now I've got incentive to get it done, right? :p

Thats a nice BLRW , need to breed him to dark bluered laced hens to bring that high color down.
Those four orlofts are beautiful! Thats the first of the mahogany variety I've seen.
Finally caught up,I was 146 post behind! Went to the Elkton Ky. sale today. It just keeps growing. You wouldn't know there was a recession going on from the stuff people buy and the prices they pay!
I bought a nice dwarf buck wabbit for $12 ,with a pedigree. It helped that I knew who brought it so knew it had to be good. He is a whole 1 and a half pounds ! Has already proven his manhood! Also bought 10 crossbreed baby chicks,I have a few hatching at my buddys so figured I'd add enough to make it worth setting up a brooder. Got rid of 60 pigeons,that will sure help the feed bill,still have 15-20 to go. My buddy bought a trio of light brahmas at another sale a few weeks back for $10 each,resold them today for $21 each! It was a beautiful day here,supposed to be in the 70s all next week. Time to break out the short britches! Have a great evening all!

Thats a nice BLRW , need to breed him to dark bluered laced hens to bring that high color down.
Those four orlofts are beautiful! Thats the first of the mahogany variety I've seen.
Finally caught up,I was 146 post behind! Went to the Elkton Ky. sale today. It just keeps growing. You wouldn't know there was a recession going on from the stuff people buy and the prices they pay!
I bought a nice dwarf buck wabbit for $12 ,with a pedigree. It helped that I knew who brought it so knew it had to be good. He is a whole 1 and a half pounds ! Has already proven his manhood! Also bought 10 crossbreed baby chicks,I have a few hatching at my buddys so figured I'd add enough to make it worth setting up a brooder. Got rid of 60 pigeons,that will sure help the feed bill,still have 15-20 to go. My buddy bought a trio of light brahmas at another sale a few weeks back for $10 each,resold them today for $21 each! It was a beautiful day here,supposed to be in the 70s all next week. Time to break out the short britches! Have a great evening all!

Thanks Okla. I wasn't sure if he was a good specimen or not. Here's a pic of the hen I hatched with him. I only have the two, but I'd like more, just didn't know if he was worth keeping for breeding. The Orloffs were an Atwoods purchase to keep the two BLRWs company when they hatched. Mitzi will give them a great home.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom