***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I made a reply back when she 1st started posting asking her about Sheldon but I never got a response.

Sorry okracefan! I'm really not a snob, just can't keep up with all the posts sometimes.
idunno.gif

Amy you might should have hung onto the orlofts,that color is pretty rare,actually the breed isn't seen that much either. The other hen is a golden laced wyandotte,not for sure what you will end up with crossing those two but I bet they would be pretty and laced

PoCo those sure were good looking chicks! We sure have some people with nice photo skills on here! Of course PoCo has so many skills she keeps me in awe! One talented lady!

Amy you might should have hung onto the orlofts,that color is pretty rare,actually the breed isn't seen that much either. The other hen is a golden laced wyandotte,not for sure what you will end up with crossing those two but I bet they would be pretty and laced

PoCo those sure were good looking chicks! We sure have some people with nice photo skills on here! Of course PoCo has so many skills she keeps me in awe! One talented lady!

When I got the Orloff chicks, it said on the tank that they were very rare, but I only got them because they made me one heck of a deal if I took the 9 remaining chicks they had left. 4 of them were orloffs, one was the rooster I posted with the orloffs and the rest were buff orphintons I think.
I am definately no chicken expert, I bought the eggs that I hatched the BLRW roo and the pullet as BLRW eggs. I thought you could get blues, blacks or splash(?) Is splash a word? lol Anyway, the lighter color with flecks of dk mixed in. I just assumed you could breed them and still get half blrw and half would be black. Just goes to show I'm not as smart as I think I am.
barnie.gif

Okla, I think they're called Spangled and yes-they aren't easy to find at all. I feel really lucky that I'll have 6 girls. The 2 girls I've got are excellent layers and tamed down real well once they got used to us. They're 2 of the ones I just sit out there and hold I enjoy them so much, so calm.

Really wished I could of made it to Blanchard today. But got stuck in the city. Would love to go to the next one though!!

Tonight I am sitting here watching bids on Silkie eggs. We are so in love with them and fingers crossed I win this next bid.

There was not very many birds there tonight and I thought that the prices were a high for then hens. I also thought that they had way too much other stuff, did not start selling birds until around 8pm. I left at 9ish. Anybody stay until it was all gone or done.

Doodle - Thanks for the kind words. Here's a not-so-good photo taken today. This little guy gave me the Royal Stink Eye. He did not want to pose. Every time I turned the little fluff head toward the camera, he squinted and made this awful face.

Don't forget to change your clocks. Daylight savings begins at 2:00 a.m. on Sunday. Spring forward!

There was not very many birds there tonight and I thought that the prices were a high for then hens. I also thought that they had way too much other stuff, did not start selling birds until around 8pm. I left at 9ish. Anybody stay until it was all gone or done.

i left at 10:15 and they still had a lot left to sell

I was wondering what breed because the comb seems narrow for a wyandotet.

Last edited:
Hello everyone long time no see. Any body hear about this chicken auction over at potter hill the 17 march? The flyer says reg starts @400 and begins@ 600 at 11920 HWY 62 old J&S store.

Hey there Andy,
I was wondering about you and yours here the other day... What you been up too??? I think I might check it out, and NO I am not the one starting this auction.. You wouldnt believe the number of folks that ask me if It was me....
Holler sometime!

Back
Top Bottom