***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Yes, mint and it's whole family is very invasive, be selective about where you put it, but it makes awesome tea, and is great in salad.

Ocean,
I was not familiar with the term pervasive where plants are concerned and could not easily find and answer to that, could you explain your meaning was so I might be ablt answer

Spunky,
You need to add some mint... it has such a lovely smell and is good in tea and other stuff when cooking.
I plan to plant some mint just haven't found any that looks worth a hoot around here yet. Will probably have to go to Tulsa to find it. I also will have sage, chives and hopefully thyme. Just love the smell when I walk by these. I have them planted in the end of the bed closest to my steps so I get a big whiff every morning as I go to work. In addition to cooking with the basil and rosemary, I rub this on my hands after I have been fishing to remove the odor. Works really well!

Just wanted to take a second to put in a good word for Teri AKA Amy Farrah Fowler. I met with her and picked up the 4 Orloff girls this morning and they're beautiful, more importantly (to me) they're super healthy. No lice, no mites, great body weight and feathers are in perfect shape. These birds have very obviously been well cared for and I appreciate that very much. So if anyone's interested in her Speckled Sussex boy you'd be lucky to have him. Thanks, Teri-I adore these girls very much and I'm grateful they're mine. I'll take good care of them.

Bill I totally forgot you had the two stainless steel sinks. As for the floor I have a couple of ideas but I am thinking going with the metal floor and get some of those industrial no slip mats for the floor (you know the one used in restaurants in front of the sinks. That would solve the problem of slippery floors. Unfortunately I am thinking the floor is going to have to be stainless, as well. What are your thoughts on that?

What about aluminum....you can get it in big sheets in a heavy grade with the ridges like on toolboxes. ..probably less expensive than the stainless.

Lynn - Big lots?? Really? How strange, not sure I'd buy from them :p Never had much luck with stuff there that doesn't live, not sure I'd trust them for things that do :p
tongue.png

Isn't mint pervasive? Was it someone on here or my grandmother that told me that?

Big Lots trees are ball and bagged...and need to be treated tenderly for a full season. You can dig a huge hole and spread out the roots and then keep mulched and waterd 1" every week all season. They will grow. Atwoods has nice trees but the pots are small...need to be opened and roots spread some also. Good prices on both.

Yes all mints are invasive. You can make a space for them where they can grow without invading other plantings. someplace that can be weedwacked withour damaging other plants. They send out root runners....when they get ready to bloom, you can whack them back to 1/2 height and they will grow larger leaves again.

My girls are still recovering from the late auction, I got yelled at when I tried to wake them. We stayed until they were about done. Actually got out of there early than i expected & DD was happy to get the money for her chicks. Came home with a few good buys IMO. Prices were crazy last night. Now that atwoods has chicks the chick market has dropped but eggs & birds were selling higher.

I may test out the porter hill auction in the future. I know I will have chicks next wk. guess I will see how many we have before we pick an auction. How often will the porter bill auction be? Who ever is in charge needs to get to a few of these small post offices & put up flyers! In cement if it isn't on the post office bulletin board then it isnt happening. Everyone here misses the auction!

No city boy that sink went for $6!!!!!! I so wanted it, but DH said no way. Think he just didn't want to move the heavy thing. The auger went way cheap-- they did say it was in need of tlc. The other items in the same spot went cheap as well.

Coral I didn't take a pic of it (oops). Last night there was a ceramic hand made & painted guinea hen. Very good looking IMO. DD wanted it but I stopped bidding @$13. It was maybe 6-8 inches tall. Have you ever seen anything similar? I tried to google for a guinea hen mold & didn't come up with much. If the mold could be found to cast a few we would be very interested.

I plan to plant some mint just haven't found any that looks worth a hoot around here yet. Will probably have to go to Tulsa to find it. I also will have sage, chives and hopefully thyme. Just love the smell when I walk by these. I have them planted in the end of the bed closest to my steps so I get a big whiff every morning as I go to work. In addition to cooking with the basil and rosemary, I rub this on my hands after I have been fishing to remove the odor. Works really well!

City clucks has some, and ussually brings started stuff for poops, I have some as well. If you would like to start some from clippings, it's easy to work with and grows well.

Back
Top Bottom