***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Morning all!!! Just went and done did my grocery shopping for POOPS!!!
wee.gif
Going to load the suburban tonight while I have hubby's help. He was going to leave for MO today at noon but I begged for his help tonight, he just can't say no (that's how we ended up with a huge row of pens and so many feather babies, lol). We are so looking forward to our first get together. Can't wait to see everyone.

i might have a few i would part with i hate to sell chicks on some of my show lines because you never know if your selling a winner
let me know how many you want and i will see what i can do

morning guys! ticks haven't been an issue here, the 6 guineas seem to be doing their job, a couple here and there when the dogs come in from running. we lost our older dog yesterday- he was a dump dog 12 years ago and age had caught up with him, blind and senile, but a good guy

little gertie the crossbeak just isn't doing well at all, trying to get food into him is a tough one-
Matt, ill be giving the eggs to sooner tonite for you, hope you have a good hatch
Joe- get a load of the color on this boy!
Wow! How old is he, Robin? I've got 7 more Silver Laced/Gold Laced eggs that potentially will hatch spread over the next week or 2. I can't wait. I'm praying for NO males, it's too hard parting with them and I've got more than I need as it is.
Oh, meant to add-I'm sorry about your old boy. Losing a good dog is sometimes more than a person can take.

I live in the country with cows on two sides & goats on the other, I'm not having trouble with ticks.......I guess it would be my free range chickens. I don't like guinea's, they are just too noisy for me.
I'm with you. I've always thought that was a myth that if you have Guineas you won't have ticks. I've got over a dozen dogs and (when I get busy and make sure I put Promeris on like I should) I don't have a single tick, we're out in the country also. Our old neighbors used to have dogs running loose all the time who were so covered in ticks they looked like they had grape clusters hanging off them-and they had tons of Guineas. My dogs have always been fenced and Promeris'd and I never had a problem. Give me Promeris over those noisy Guinea birds any day!
For anyone interested here's where I get my Promeris. It's cheap cheap here!
http://www.maakenterprises.com/category_s/47.htm

Last edited:
I was going through old pictures and found this one. It cracks me UP every timeI see it
gig.gif
. I got 2 of these hens last January from Newcastle. Best $18 I ever spent, I just love them. Named them Thelma & Louise but my husband calls them, "The Ones With Those Things On Their Heads" I'll NEVER part with these girls. They turn into little chain saws when they're sitting on eggs, such cool birds.

We won't be able to make it to POOPS because our neighbor's funeral will be that day. I was hoping to find some Jersey Giants for my son, as that is all he wants for his birthday. I know this post will be buried soon so if you know anyone who might be able to help, please keep me in mind.
Thanks so much.

My bestie and I are just starting to get more into chickens. We were wanting to know if we could come out to the POOPS event this Saturday and just look around at what you guys have and get some more information about chickens.

Robin sorry about your companion. It's hard to loose a dog that you loved.

Ima okie my want to check with Michael D he can find anything you need. Sorry about the loss of your neighbor.

I am trying to figure out how to better secure the brooders in our barn. Had 2 dead chicks (no signs of injury) and 1 chick who was hung up in the wife flooring. I am missing a dz or more chicks from the brooder. We now only have 10 chicks left from cowboys eggs! I don't know how many chicks were in the brooder, so I have no real guess of how many I lost but I can safely say we lost a dz+. I am guessing the other chicks were trampled & it was a snake that got into the box. Going to sprinkle sulphur & more moth balls. Guess I will get some minnow traps too.
The chick whose leg was stuck I will have to cull I think. I brought him inside and he is drinking. But I imagine I broke his leg getting him out. He was really stuck & was right under the heat bar. I will give him a day or 2 & see if he begins to use his leg again. Right now he won't even uncurl his toes.

I know the rest of you fight all kinds of varmints. Some reason this yr again my biggest issue is snakes!

My bestie and I are just starting to get more into chickens. We were wanting to know if we could come out to the POOPS event this Saturday and just look around at what you guys have and get some more information about chickens.
Of course!!! But you have to promise to not go home without a few chicks or grown birds! If you walk out without birds we would all be offended.

Back
Top Bottom