***OKIES in the BYC III ***

If someone needs to consign Fri.call me405-639-1572 i will also be at poops early i can pickup if need to.remember we're starting at 5pm.and start chickens nolater than 7pm. newcastle fairground

Last edited:
morning guys! ticks haven't been an issue here, the 6 guineas seem to be doing their job, a couple here and there when the dogs come in from running. we lost our older dog yesterday- he was a dump dog 12 years ago and age had caught up with him, blind and senile, but a good guy

little gertie the crossbeak just isn't doing well at all, trying to get food into him is a tough one-

Matt, ill be giving the eggs to sooner tonite for you, hope you have a good hatch

Joe- get a load of the color on this boy!

Tryin to be patient-- I know every hatch turns out different, but seriously! We have about 4 dz eggs that still havent hatched, today is hatch day..... Not the norm by far! I wxpected to wake to a hatcher full. I am blaming it on all this crazy rain. The humidity has been crazy! I will give them until tomorrow...... So sad they haven't hatched yet.

Worked yesterday on getting stuff gathered for poops. Brining a jar of zucchini relish since we are having hotdogs! Also gathered raffle items, don't think I can bring any seedlings safely with the girls brining friends. We are at maximum capacity in the van. I will bring some free range guinea eggs & EE for the raffle, along with the decorative tiles & plates.

Quote: That's a GOOD thing.
ya.gif
Had one like that till someone stole her. Don't discorrage her from it and she will chase off any bird of prey as well. Never had a chicken hawlk problem when mine was around.

I live in the country with cows on two sides & goats on the other, I'm not having trouble with ticks.......I guess it would be my free range chickens. I don't like guinea's, they are just too noisy for me.

Amazing Egg Contest for Kids @ POOPS May 5th, 2012

Rules
The egg contest is for chicken eggs that are less than 30 days old.
Each child may enter up to 6 eggs.
Eggs will be assigned a number & placed on a table for viewing.
Voting will be available for all Poops attendees.
Each voter will pick the egg that they think is
Largest
Smallest
Prettiest
Darkest
Oddest
All votes will be totaled & the egg in each category with the most votes will be declared the winner.

The winner of each category will get a wire basket (to use to collect future eggs in). The basket will be filled with Jolly Rancher Gummies (sweet & regular) cookies, chips & chocolate Cadbury eggs.
Help your kids save those eggs!!
Remember a limit of 6 eggs can be entered by each child under 18.
I hope to accept egg entries from 930-1030.
Voting will be from 10:30-12:30
all votes will be totaled & the winners announced after lunch!
If anyone is wanting to enter & will not be arriving until after 1030 please let me know. I want every child to have a chance to participate.

Back
Top Bottom