***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I have mint and it spreads like crazy...I pull it and throw it away.  You wont need to buy any if you want some.
Also.  If you heat and seal your juice in quart jars, you can wait until winter to make jelly.  Save yourself some time.
Maybee I can get with you after this weekend and come get some mint I live about 10 min from meeker not far at all. Didn't thick about sealing the juice. Thanks. By the way I let my juice drip and did not squeez it I have really pretty clear sand plum jelly. It is pink .

Well the count down is on ! I gathered up all my lpants I had potted up and put them near the truck to get loaded. I hope to get a bunch set out at the new palce,altho I am worried it may be to dry for new plants if no one is there to keep them watered.I may just have to take some of them to the meetup and give them away!
cowboy looks like your birds are going to have two sets of babys. I don'rt have anything the same size I can pawn them off to!
Sure going to nice to see everyone again and meet some of you new ones. I think we are going to try and get there early because we have to head back earlier than planned so my niece can go to work. Hope everyone gets to come that has planned on it.
Doodle - I'll be at the barn at 6:00 a.m. setting up tables for the raffle. You're welcome to arrive that early and have coffee with the early birds. I've asked the Girl Scout troop leader to provide coffee for those who need a little assistance getting started in the morning. We should take some group photos. I'll bring a tripod and my camera. If Kass brings hers too, then maybe we'll have enough group shots to capture everyone in attendance. Can't wait to visit. Drive safely.

Doodle - Almost forgot: from an earlier post... We can't have cats, dogs, bunnies, g-pigs, etc. No four-legged animals at our event. Maybe next year we can do a small animal swap that includes our furry friends as well as poultry.

Last edited:
Hello everybody, I used to be on BYC years ago, been raising chickens in town for about 6 years now. I posted in the "newbies" thread, but thought I would here also. I have a friend that is looking for baby chicks to buy in Oklahoma. We live in the NE part of the state, Bartlesville area. I checked the auction threads, but not a whole lot going on up around here. There used to be an auction on Saturdays in Collinsville, near Claremore.....does anyone know about it? or other places to get baby chicks this time of year??? Thanks in advance.
Welcome back! Come to the North East Oklahoma Chicken Stock on Saturday and you'll find lots and lots of baby chicks to choose from. There's a link to the planning thread in my signature line. We're going to meet at the Muskogee Fairgrounds from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. We'll have a Pay the Seller Poultry Sale at noon. There will be a raffle drawing after the Pay the Seller sale. A local Girl Scout troop is handling our concession table.

HOT ZIP!!! Only four days until N.E.O.C.S. !! Yeaaa! Hope to see lots of you all there. Muskogee, here I come!
wee.gif
yesss.gif
cool.png
Jan - Your boys are ready to come home : ) They have adopted a few (buff) baby sisters. I hope that's okay. The pullets have their own take-with-you cage, so you won't need anything extra to transport them. See you on Saturday!!!!

Doodle - I'll be at the barn at 6:00 a.m. setting up tables for the raffle. You're welcome to arrive that early and have coffee with the early birds. I've asked the Girl Scout troop leader to provide coffee for those who need a little assistance getting started in the morning. We should take some group photos. I'll bring a tripod and my camera. If Kass brings hers too, then maybe we'll have enough group shots to capture everyone in attendance. Can't wait to visit. Drive safely.

Doodle - Almost forgot: from an earlier post... We can't have cats, dogs, bunnies, g-pigs, etc. No four-legged animals at our event. Maybe next year we can do a small animal swap that includes our furry friends as well as poultry.
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Cathie, was it you that had chicks pipping 2 days early? One of my Bantam Ameraucanas is pipped this morning and hatch day isn't for 2 days. Does anyone know-does that hurt anything pipping so soon and why does it happen? Do some chicks just mature sooner (ya know-like girls mature faster than boys
gig.gif
). My temp has been right at 100 degrees steady the whole time.

Wondering jew are beautiful and grow fast but they are purplish red don't know if chickens will eat them but a run covered in purple would be awesome .
they are not winter hearty so you would have to replant just keep some in a hanging basket and you will have stock for cuttings.

Back
Top Bottom