***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Just thought I would pass along this public service information

yuckyuck.gif
KASS, thanks for the cooling laugh

hey guys- hope you are all staying cool-

kass- love it!!

before i list these two, wanted to offer them here- they are bantams
salmon fav cockerel and blue cochin cockerel-

Afternoon, not to sound silly, but mille fleurs is a color that several birds have...are you talking the d'uccles? They lay in 6-8 months.

Pics of said birds would be awesome! love those things!
duccles yes they are the porcelin, two brown roos and a black and white one. I will have to get a pic later they are my mums and are at her place. The black and white lil guy is mean! given the chance to peck you he will take it every time.

way to hot out today. I feel like i need a nap and im 29. Been getting up early to try and work round the heat but its kicking my butt. That and im the type that will push my self to get it done. hopping maybe i can bat my eyes at the hubby and he give me a hand with the run tonight. we shall see.

Porch problems - that's the dogs job. The dane does it a little too well, but occasionally the guineas come up and peck at their reflections, which I enjoy watching.

My ducks have found refuge under the porch closest to the condensation line from the air conditioner :p creates a nice cool puddle for them. All my other birds have migrated next door to the back half of the neighbor's land which is overgrown woods. So glad the neighbors have never cleared their land! Can't find my dozen small guineas or my 6 large orps yet, hopefully they are just hiding out next door and are simply not enticed by my feed and water bribe to reappear :p So far though my birds are taking it very well. Even the 5 young ones that won't leave the barn are doing fine.

Spent 3 or 4 hours again outside setting up the rest of the hoses and connecting them and poking holes in them. It doesnt feel hot at all after the1st 20 minutes. Plus then standing under the water spray it really cools things down. I push myself too hard but what a huge relief to get all those sprinklers up. After listening to everyone talk about losing birds to the heat I get scared. I keep reminding myself that a chicken's temp is 105, doesn't help much though.

Back
Top Bottom