***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I have a ton of grasshoppers too wish i had my guineas back but the dog i have now would probably kill them.
Hand picked treats for your chickens ;) I was out for a few minutes last night and picked some grasshoppers off my wisteria vines and thornless rose using the flashlight trick. So I got at least 20 I think in a water bottle in the freezer right now. I'm on vacation this week so I have oodles of time and grasshoppers to cache!

Hand picked treats for your chickens
wink.png

I was out for a few minutes last night and picked some grasshoppers off my wisteria vines and thornless rose using the flashlight trick. So I got at least 20 I think in a water bottle in the freezer right now. I'm on vacation this week so I have oodles of time and grasshoppers to cache!
i read some where that chickens get worms from eating them though is that true?

i read some where that chickens get worms from eating them though is that true?
Worms from eating grasshoppers????

I had not heard that, don't know if it is true or not, but they are chickens, and chickens eat grasshoppers, worms, grubs, crickets, bugs of all kinds, that is natures chicken food.

my little OEGB hen crowed yesterday i was kind surprised i have several rosters around i thought that hen only started crowing if there weren't any roos.

I've read that both earthworms and cockroaches can harbor parasites that infect chickens. But I figure something's got to eat them and there is inherent risk to any kind of livestock so I just keep my property cleaned up as best I can and don't worry about the occasional roach or worm they may eat.

Half of the sashing is finished on my newest fusion blanket

Now I need to secure tails, then sew the long rows together then crochet the long sashes.

Back
Top Bottom