***OKIES in the BYC III ***

? what should be done with juvenile roo's to grow out pen together or separate 6 buff orp. they are creating quit a fuss with my Ladies . they cant even forage they hide.

Hi all! I have been off for a while. Popping in to say hi!

Besty.... that is horrible about the mountain loins in your area. But I don't think that I believe him about them extending their range this far into the state from another state.

City chickens have our animal problems too. Unresponsible owners let their dogs run. Last week we lost all of our laying hens and our one Silkie (I think the one we bought from you) :( Due to stray/let loose dogs. We got out back too late to catch them or else there would be dead dogs.

I called animal control and there is nothing they can do. They can't prove whose dog it was even if we saw it. :(

Sooo.... no more chicken tractors for us. :( From now on our chickens have to be kept up in their coop and run where it is safer.

I am looking for 5 more chicks/pullets/young hens if anyone has any for sale.

We miss our girls.
Come visit at the Labor Day Chicken Gathering just south of Tahlequah. Here's the link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/810074/labor-day-chicken-gathering-tahlequah-ok

I'm bringing some pullets. There may be others bringing birds you'd love to add to you flock : )

Last edited:
Hey all! Haven't posted in a while. I got a couple of roos I would like to sell or trade for some pullets. Not to particular on the breed as long as they lay pretty well. Here they are.

A Blue Ameracauna

And a Splash Ameracauna

These guys are a little over 5 months old.

The "moms" lost their first chick today, it was one of the NN w/ a small bow tie, not a Sc carrier and was going to be some form of red. Healthy and active just hours before, nice full crop (not over full) nice weight to the chick, I figure it was hurt in an accident Reba is a very active digger.

When will they take them outside????? I can't get good pics until they do, and my camera clicking finger is itching!

I have been loosing chicks all Summer to bacterial infection. I have been treating them with ant-bacterials in their water but I hardly have any left. I am so mad, such beautiful weather and we sure needed all the moisture but I wish i had more chicks to show for all my broody hen's work. My Bantam Buff Cochin pair and Esmeranda, the Show Girl, have only lost 1 of their 7. They know something I don't.

Starting to grow a crest.. Nevermind my "manicure" haha.
droolin.gif
love.gif
i want some that color so bad.

Back
Top Bottom