***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Hi, I started a thread a few days ago asking if anyone knew what kind of duck my little duckling is, but I got zero responses.Any duck folks wanna try for me? Im guessing a blue swedish but I was looking at some pictures of them and I didn't see totally dark feet. I saw dark feet with yellow in them but none completely brown/black. Her names Goe and she talks NONSTOP!!!

I have more pictures if that would help. :)

Hi, I started a thread a few days ago asking if anyone knew what kind of duck my little duckling is, but I got zero responses.Any duck folks wanna try for me? Im guessing a blue swedish but I was looking at some pictures of them and I didn't see totally dark feet. I saw dark feet with yellow in them but none completely brown/black. Her names Goe and she talks NONSTOP!!!

I have more pictures if that would help. :)
A profile photo and something that sohows the color on her back and wings would help. Her posture will give clues to what she is as well.

I'll run back out there in a bit and try for a profile shot.
Sorry about the picture quality. I have a very old smartphone!

Last edited:
Today is moving day in the world of chickens here
Big juveniles (5 - 6 month) begin moving to the hen house and cockerels go to a separate pen,
young juveniles (8 - 12 week) - go outside to the grow out pen to join anything under 5 months,
younger juvies (3 - 5 week) go to the floor in the brooder room.
Momma hens with 2 week old chicks are allowed to go into the henhouse...vacating floor space in the brooder room.

Hatching is happening in the hatcher inside and under hens beginning today and tomorrow.....expecting about 20 more babies by the end of tomorrow....and then a new batch due on the 26th.

We moved cow pairs to the back 40 pasture because grass is getting thin in the 40 they were on for the past week.....we sure need this slow soaking rain that is promised...our ponds are down and the grass is not growing. One of our expires in June and the owner decided he wants to sell hay instead of leasing. So we may begin feeding hay in July or August if the rains don't come. The boys are already talking about which bull will go with which cows on which pasture....so we will begin sorting after this rain. Sorting and moving herds to our other properties will take a few days....busy time coming up.

POOPS is right around the corner...

Quote:
I don't know what the common name of the breed is, but I think the scientific name is Adorabilis Duckycutiepieapuss.

I have a hen raising a single OEGB chick. I put her in a separate pen when he hatched, he is now 4 weeks old but small since he is a bantam. When is it okay to put them back with the others?

Edited to add, the pen they are in adjoins and shares a fence with the main coop, so they've been next to each other the whole time.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom