***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Hello everyone!

I live in Turpin, Ok, and this is my first year with chickens! I've got a modest little flock for now, but it seems to be growing rapidly lol!

Hello everyone!

I live in Turpin, Ok, and this is my first year with chickens! I've got a modest little flock for now, but it seems to be growing rapidly lol!
welcome-byc.gif
Glad you found us!

If you would like to meet many of the people who post regularly on the Okie thread, come to POOPS on Saturday. Click on the link in my signature line to go to the thread for POOPS. Poultry Owners of Oklahoma Poultry Swap.

Here's the flier for POOPS. Click and read
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Welcome to the BYC! We in the Okies thread are very good at enabling chicken math. You could be in big trouble.

Incidentally, I never have any problems getting into the nesting boxes of my broody hens. Since I use tubs, I just open the lid and grab them at the base of the tail, which causes them to go through that whole submissive posturing thing, and they let me pick them right up without causing any kind of fuss! My chickies know who's the boss! :D

Incidentally, I never have any problems getting into the nesting boxes of my broody hens. Since I use tubs, I just open the lid and grab them at the base of the tail, which causes them to go through that whole submissive posturing thing, and they let me pick them right up without causing any kind of fuss! My chickies know who's the boss!
big_smile.png
Having picked mostly broody breeds this time around Im already wondering how Im going to handle this. Im not fan of things hissing at me. Nice idea. Our nesting boxes are designed so you have to reach in. Which is sounding less than ideal.

Having picked mostly broody breeds this time around Im already wondering how Im going to handle this. Im not fan of things hissing at me. Nice idea. Our nesting boxes are designed so you have to reach in. Which is sounding less than ideal.

You just reach in quick and grab their neck up near the head, then use the other hand to collect the eggs. Don't hesitate or they will get you!

Back
Top Bottom