***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Sure hope your friend is going to heal quickly. Glad to hear you are safe. Congrats on the hatch.

Just set 104 eggs yesterday evening....March is going to be busy!

2 months of absolutely no weight. And 1 main reason I wanted this new house is he is the one who brings hay over for my horses when I'm gone and can watch the house and chickens. (Which is a lot I work on the road) Was planning on a community garden this year. I can make 1 nice big garden that goes to the weeds and wasted produce while I'm gone for 6 wks straight. But like good neighbors I'm feeding his cattle now when not finding water leaks and digging up the septic line or replacing the water heater. I still haven't spent a week in this new house. Yay

That's a lot of eggs Nana. Good Luck. I'm fixing to teach my GF how to use the incubator. She's never had chickens. I've suggested that she get on here and learn a little more.

Well, so much for the Facebook pages. Does anyone want two 9-10 week old cockerels? They are from Rinda and the thought of culling them makes my toes curl. Any takers?? They have been fed all organic feed, are hand raised and tame... I am between Edmond and Guthrie.

Sure hope your friend is going to heal quickly. Glad to hear you are safe. Congrats on the hatch.
I set 90 last Wednesday and again yesterday! Had to borrow a big brooder
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png

Just set 104 eggs yesterday evening....March is going to be busy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetsyOK

Still have 18 developing silkie and naked neck siklie (showgirl) chicks. Am gathering eggs for a second batch, although I'm trying hard to reduce my flock. I've reduced it from 60 - 120 (including chicks) to 30. That is before any hatches.

Sounds like you're not doing a great job with your "chicken math". Should be "more", not less.
hit.gif

Last edited:
Hello everyone! My name's Hannah.
big_smile.png
Glad to see a large Okie thread. I live close to Poteau, OK and share a home with 5 hens (and a chihuahua). I've only recently got into chickens, but it's the best decision I've ever made.

Hello everyone! My name's Hannah.
big_smile.png
Glad to see a large Okie thread. I live close to Poteau, OK and share a home with 5 hens (and a chihuahua). I've only recently got into chickens, but it's the best decision I've ever made.

Welcome!

I'm not too far from you, in Coweta. Lots of things going on for us Okies right now, it appears spring is here in full force!

Back
Top Bottom