***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Thanks for the explanations on the poultry wire, cleared it up for me also. Sooner, I clip wings on the good flyers, I want this poultry fence for Silkies (& hopefully Showgirls). I can thinks of lots of uses, I'm sure it would've held my Cochins and Brahma girls just fine. Their chunky butts couldn't get over a 4' fence. Betsy, I was really glad to hear your account of the luck that guy had with it. Rinda, be sure to let us know how it works. I'm deciding on a charger, does it have to be a specific kind made for those fences?
Robin, I've heard so darn many ways of treating the eggs before incubating them that I don't know what to believe. There's too many variables with shipped eggs. And Silkies in particular are prone to problems anyway, especially the ones with the vaulted heads (IMO).
I did get a notice when @Kassaundra tried it with my name and the symbol. Lemme see if it works for me, I'm probably doing it wrong.
Edit: Yes I did.
I believe any engergizer will work, just look for one with the equivalent joules as the model they recommend on their website. I am buying the one on their site because it's easier and seems to be an average price as I looked around the web for a few minutes. Theirs comes with directions to either hook to a battery (I assume like a car battery) or to plug in to an extension cord. They even give guidelines on their product description for how long to expect a battery to last with each type of energizer.

ETA: you can also set up their energizers with a solar panel, which was an attractive option until I looked at the price of the solar panels- yikes! We'll start with electricity!

Last edited:
What do you guys do when a predator pulls skin off one of your chickens? How do you treat?

I thought the neighbors and I had reached some peace and they were keeping their demon dachshund tied up. I didn't take the rain into account, and how getting wet would obviously be SO MUCH WORSE than making sure he wasn't over here killing my chickies.

It wasn't a good day. I don't think Caramel will make it this time, and Puff is nowhere to be seen.

What do you guys do when a predator pulls skin off one of your chickens? How do you treat?

I thought the neighbors and I had reached some peace and they were keeping their demon dachshund tied up. I didn't take the rain into account, and how getting wet would obviously be SO MUCH WORSE than making sure he wasn't over here killing my chickies.

It wasn't a good day. I don't think Caramel will make it this time, and Puff is nowhere to be seen.
hugs.gif
Sorry, how much skin? are you sure no internal damage? Asking those questions for others w/ experience doctoring birds. I would only say in general keeping clean and I would profalacticaly use antibiotic tx. I usually don't do antibiotics, but think if is important w/ an animal wound. If you use triple antibiotic ointment make sure no "caines" for pain management are in them, can be fatal to a bird (not always but can be)

Like the wooden chicken.
Keane I can see it working with those breeds. I Can't.take the chance of clipping wings here unless I. Want to keep them put up all the time.
I hope this works, I cant see what I am typing.......

i would put her on a broad spectrim antibiotic, pics of the wound would help, but slather it with neosporin, for pain you can give chickens 5 asprin in a gallon of water, if there is no internal bleeding- also,, put her in a dog crate or other quiet dark place, less stress that way, keep us posted on how she is doing, puff may be in hiding

Back
Top Bottom