***OKIES in the BYC III ***

One easy thing that helps keep snakes out of your pens is to purchase black plastic bird netting that's used to keep birds off fruit trees. String it out and crumple it somewhat and set it up against the bottom of your pens. If snakes try to go through it (which they often will), they get entangled in it and can't get out. You can then dispose of them however you want.

Another snake trick is to put a ceramic egg in one of those two piece minnow traps with the funnel on both ends. You can find one at Walmart. Set it along an entry wall or under the nest boxes. The snake goes in, swallows the egg and then can't pull out because it can't crush the egg. The ceramic egg is reuseable. Those who are squimish can use plastic Easter eggs or sacrifice a real egg.

We need to meet and exchange hugs!!!! Coweta is only a few days away. I'll try to get there early enough to set up some chairs near the wall where you were seated on your last Chicken Goddess Tour.

wee.gif
I can hardly wait
D.gif

Yep, really looking forward to this one, been planning and gathering yummy food for our picnic basket :)

I'm going to start butchering some roosters this week after I finish putting compost and straw around all my peppers and tomatoes. Some of them I will pluck but the majority will be skinned and quartered. I keep the fat with the bird for the flavoring when slow cooking.

I'm going to start butchering some roosters this week after I finish putting compost and straw around all my peppers and tomatoes. Some of them I will pluck but the majority will be skinned and quartered. I keep the fat with the bird for the flavoring when slow cooking.
You make me feel lazy. I don't think I could keep up with you between cattle, garden, canning, chickens and every thing else you must do. I'm tired just sitting in the recliner thinking about it!
1f605.png

Back
Top Bottom