***OKIES in the BYC III ***

I'm sorry. Any chance you will?

I hope. My other normally broody hens haven't set yet this year.

If anyone wants to hatch eggs with a broody I highly recommend muscovies.

I don't know anything about muscovies (ducks?) I got Dark Cornish because they lay enough for me. Mine 3 outta 4 days and doesn't go down much in the winter. But they're not known for laying they are supposed to set ALOT. That's why I got them. That and eating the extra roo's. If I come home and find a hen setting it makes up for the times I find a coon, possum, skunk, coyote, etc... made it self a chicken dinner.

Hey, y'all! Finally made it back here. Been busy with some life stuff. I was wondering if anyone here had any meat rabbits or quail for sale? I'm trying to find some locally so I don't have to have any shipped to me for their safety. I have no problem with picking them up. Looking for coturnix quail or American rabbits but I'm really fine with just about anything. Just message me if you have any questions.

Hi all, Haven't been on in a while, and is like some advice from my fellow Okies. I have a young barred rock rooster who is starting to show a little aggression with my dog and my almost 7 year old daughter. Just a peck from behind each a couple of times, but he doesn't have his spurs in yet. I'm not too worried about the dog stuff. I think that could be a good trait for strays, but I'm not okay with him harming humans. We have a turkey in jail for that very reason. Daughter is pretty fearless with the chickens. She probably wouldn't be scared to subdue him, but he's already pretty big. As of now, I'm encouraging her to give them more treats and see if he sees her as a benevolent food source as he had never pecked at me. Any ideas?

20170730_095325.jpg
20170730_095337.jpg

Have her carry a 2 foot long stick like a broom stick. A few whacks to the head fixed my RIR. My little brother got spurred right under the eye as a little kid from a Barred Rock. He was known for sneaking up behind us, and went to the pot after that.

Hey, y'all! Finally made it back here. Been busy with some life stuff. I was wondering if anyone here had any meat rabbits or quail for sale? I'm trying to find some locally so I don't have to have any shipped to me for their safety. I have no problem with picking them up. Looking for coturnix quail or American rabbits but I'm really fine with just about anything. Just message me if you have any questions.

Where are you located? I'm in Broken Arrow and should have some quail hatching this week.

@Sooner Magnolia he is young and beginning to find his place in the pecking order....needs to learn quickly that he can't peck humans or the pet dog. Use anything to show him who is above him in the order. Run at him with arms spread. Chase him with the water hose, whack the ground around him and if necessary a whack on the butt....wouldn't hit his head unless you plan on butchering him.

Back
Top Bottom