***OKIES in the BYC III ***

Hey Okies! Anybody from good old Enid?? Also, i'm fairly interested in going to POOPS! Seems like an awesome event!

Was just looking up Swedish Flower Chickens and found Greenfire Farms advertising them as unsexed chicks for $19.00 each. Of course they have several other exotics too - but for soooo much more! For instance unsexed day old Jubilee Orpingtons for $199.00 each.
th.gif
Think I'll just stay with Okie-hatched birds - even if some of the auction lots do happen to be all little roos! Ah Ha! There is always caponizing......
roll.png

Was just looking up Swedish Flower Chickens and found Greenfire Farms advertising them as unsexed chicks for $19.00 each. Of course they have several other exotics too - but for soooo much more! For instance unsexed day old Jubilee Orpingtons for $199.00 each.
th.gif
Think I'll just stay with Okie-hatched birds - even if some of the auction lots do happen to be all little roos! Ah Ha! There is always caponizing......
roll.png

I gotta go look up Jubilee Orpingtons. I hope at that price they're made of gold!

There will be a lady supposed to come to Poops that has swedish Flowers. I don't know how many she would have but I will ask her to bring some if you all are looking to purchase some juvenilles or eggs I can ask her.

Well, they sure are purty birds anyhow, those swedish flowers. I was actually looking them up for Cathiesue from Collinsville. Don't think she'll be at POOPS. She was asking about any of them being in Oklahoma. It would be nice to find a local breeder so we'd have a little more reasonable resource.

Hey Okies! Anybody from good old Enid?? Also, i'm fairly interested in going to POOPS! Seems like an awesome event!
There is a wonderful list that is maintained by CityClucks, which lists locations for most of the Okies in the BYC. The link is in her signature line, but here it is also. There is at least one other BYC member in Enid.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/okies-by-location

If anyone is interested in starts or this rose bush let me know and I'll bring some to POOPS.
It's called 7 sisters. It is an old fashioned climbing rose that will climb on anything...up trees too it allowed. Blooms one time a year but makes a great hedge for privacy and security...loads of thorns. Always sends out new canes that can be pinned to the ground and they will root. I prune it when it after it blooms and that pretty well keeps it confined.

Well Howdy Good Okies!
I know, I know...long time no posting...but I wanted to pop on and say hi to my old friends...not that ya'll are old...just that I've had ya as friends for quite awhile now!
lau.gif
Also, I wanted to say hello to all of the newbies and folks that I've not yet met. I can't wait to see you all because POOPS is Saturday!!!
wee.gif
I am sooooo excited! It has been far too long!

I am bringing lots of fun stuff to sell and/or swap! Fun chicken & poultry fabric totebags, chicken charm bracelets, and whatever else I can round up...along with raffle items to throw in for good measure...NanaKat...I have to get my raffle items on the list...

Anyway I know this is brief but I just wanted to ninja post at least! See you all on Saturday!
HI!, been missing you. Will be good to see you!

Oh Nana I would love a start from your roses. My MIL and I were just talking last night how I needed some starts from her rose bushes too.

What time does everything start on Sat.? Gotta know just how early I am going to have to get up and get 5 kids around that morning, lol. I will be bringing some marans chicks instead of Blue andelusion chicks my andelusion JUST started laying this week! It was a good thing to because I had a talk with her last Sunday that she would have to start earning her keep and her spot in that pen or I was going to take her to auction, lol. I will also have at least a dozen golden salmon marans eggs.

Well off to catch up with last nights posts then get to work. I can't sit on the computer all day at work today. Today is equipment testing day, yippee, but it will keep me busy at least. Can't wait to see everyone Sat. in Choctaw.

Quote: I'm sticking a few tarps and ropes in the truck in case we need them.
Well everything survived the massive hail and tornado last night. We lost some tomato vines and the beans took a beating but all the birds did well.
My DH on the other hand decided to drive home from work in the middle of the tornado warning and ended up getting blown off the road along with several other cars and a semi truck. BUT he was ok

We're talking about coming to POOPS just to see what's its all about. Don't really have anything to swap right now but you never know. Just want to meet some other bird people from the state. If we get there we'll have 4 people and I'll bring something to add to the pot luck.
Glad your hubby is okay! Sorry about the garden and the truck. Look forward to meeting you
got my email from ensigns auction today, looks like the move is done. email was from someone at sycamore springs ranch, with a nice explanation of what has happened in the last few months.

from what i have gathered in the last couple of months, the exotic sale has move to the ranch, with ensings apartnered with the ranch on that. i also understand that ensigns will sell equipment at the prauge facility from now on, all the animal sales will be at the ranch.
Where is the ranch located? We have been to Ensigns in Prague a few times. Took some donkeys there once ...they do not make good guard animals for the cattle...Actually watched the Jack take down a fully grown cow. They got booted really quick.

Back
Top Bottom