Okies in the BYC The Original

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

This P.O.O.P.S Thing sounds really neat, although I am a newbie I am wondering a few things... is it ok for newbies to come? and is it ok to still come even if you dont have any poultry or fowl to swap?

Im one of those folks that like to pick peoples brains to help me learn more especially anything farm related... Funny how I lived on 20 acres of Farm land and raised beef cattle as a kid but still feel like I dont know enough... Now that my dreams of having my own lil hobby farm are coming to fruition by the blessings of the Lord, I want to know all there is so we are raising FAT and HAPPY Farm Babies...
lol.png

Jeannie

What a beautiful morning it is.
I have to brag on my puppy, she is a heinz 57 looks to be part dobbie and lab. We have had sightings of a coyote and she stays on point and runs that bugger off. Good girl Annie.

Hi everyone as you know the fall P.O.O.P.S will be Sept. 26th. It has been decided that we would have a Pot luck lunch & dinner! We are looking for foods that are just as good cold as they are hot.

We will have limited outlets for crock pots if that is something you might be interested in. We will also have limited space to keep things cool between lunch and dinner, so if you bring something that needs to be kept cool make arrangements for that. For some folks that travel you could possibly have your ingredients made and put them together on site. Keep in mind the number of people that will be attending when making your dish or dishes.

We will also need paper goods, silverware & drinks. I have a couple of large igloo coolers that can be used for tea & kool-aid. If you have an one we could use let me know. I will need volunteers for set up before each meal along with volunteers for clean up after.

Please contact (PM) myself or TJ’s Nana if you have any questions or if you need a suggestion as to what you can bring. I will keep a running list of items.

Volenteer's for set up & clean up: (will work on times later)
Okiechick

Sooner~ Cheesy Chicken Soup (crock pot)
Sub sandwich & chips
Kool aid/ice tea
2 Igloo drink coolers
NNbreeder~ Banana pudding
Poco Pollo~
Case of bottle water on ice
TJ’s Nana~ igloo cooler w/lemonade
Scotcharoo cookies (large tray)
BBQ Kilbasa (crock pot)
Tortilla Chips and Cheese Dip (crock pot)
Quenston~ igloo cooler
Coleslaw salad
Broccoli Salad
2 cases of water on ice

Quote:
Jeannie,

Please come!! I was a newbie last year and was welcomed with open arms! By the end of the day (after 10minutes) you would of thought I had been around as long as some of the others!! It is a great time with or without poultry, I would be will to put money on the fact that you would end up taking something home!! I had a wonderful time!

Jeanie,
It is for everyone that enjoys our little Okie chicken group here on BYC and their families and friends.
We don't advertise it as an open event to the general public but we want all of our group to come and bring family and friends.
It is about having fun, making frieneds and sharing info.
You may not come with fowl but you just might leave with some.
We have some things planned that will help folks like yourself.
Information stations with people doing demonstrations and sharing
info about different aspects of poultry raising will be going on for part of the day.
We have some folks that have volunteered to help in different areas and are working with Al and myself.
I will get Al to repost the main info. The food is all potluck this time.
If you have questions feel free to ask.
Monty

Good morning A;; Aug 5,8:09am
Hope all are doing good with their birds. A big WELCOME to all our new "Family"
yippiechickie.gif
from another out-of-state Okie! (Wonder if Bill Clinton would come and plead my case and take me back home!Lol)
fl.gif

Newbies be sure and tell us where you are and a little about your area and what all you raise. We love to be nosey!
pop.gif

Quail? I have 5 bobwites,They are mature enough ,full size, to show 2 males and 3 females. Do I need to separate them soon,will they lay this year or are they seasonal like wild birds. They get game bird feed and milo and veggies and are really heavy healthy birds.
hu.gif

Dachsunds,
We are looking at getting some of the giant quail but I don't enough about raising them yet. I asm still learning with the coturnix we have.
You need to plan and come home in September and then journey over to POOPS.
Monty

Quote:
We are reposting the main info every few days so you shouldn't have to go back too many pages.
We have an announcement/info post, a food post, a who's coming post, and a "What ya want post.
It is centrally located so hopefully we can have a large turn out. We have over 60 say they are coming so far.

2009 OFFICIAL AUTUMN POOPS ANNOUNCEMENT"

I am proud to announce to all Okies in the BYC members That the fall POOPS=
People Of Oklahoma Poultry Swap Has been Officially set.

WHEN= Saturday, September 26th, 2009

WHERE= OKC east KOA Campground, 6200 Choctaw rd, Choctaw Ok

WHO= All Oklahoma members of the Okies in the BYC their families and invited friends.

After the very fun and successful spring 2009 POOPS event there was much interest in having a fall event, we felt that we surely must let this fine tradition continue in all it's fanfare. with continued support We will strive to make this event even bigger and better than ever as our fine members deserve only the best. For those of our new members and members who were unable to attend the Okies in the BYC POOPS, it is a family oriented affair, where members come to meet the folks we talk to everyday on this forum, and enjoy the one thing we all have in common our fondness of poultry. This year promises to be one you do not want to miss, and as I stated it will be bigger and better than ever, this year we are planning the following.

1. Food : This year we will be featuring a full pot luck lunch and dinner.
2. Poultry : The usual fanatical buying/selling/swapping of poultry.
3. A night of fun filled entertainment at the clubhouse.
4. Several static displays for your learning and viewing pleasure. To include a actual large Army Truck display.
5. small lectures and demonstrations by professional and respected members of the poultry and agriculture fields.
6. A Raffle
7. and for the first time our very own Live POOPS Poultry Auction.
8. Printed programs of the days events.
9. POOPS T-shirts for sale at the clubhouse.
And much much more!!!!!!!.
10. POOPS Grand Prizes, 2-6 mo Golden Feather Memberships to the BYC.

A special operations commitee has been formed and several of our fine upstanding members have offered to give freely and happily of their time and expertise. they will head up the following appointed ares of intrest.

AL (al6517) & Monty (Buckguy20): Commitee chairmen.

Carah (Sooner) & Eulaine (TJ's Na-Na) : Food and Beverages. contact these ladies with your ideas, dishes, and help. A list has been started and is circulating around our thread.

Grace (gracefullbantams) : Raffle. Grace has a seperate thread for raffle donations going and she has promised to post the link soon.

Marybeth (poultry&bees) : Static display's and lectures/demonstrations. Those wanting to seek info on setting up displays or needing guidance contact Marybeth.

Beth (cityclucks) : Entertainment, and Name Tags. The Entertainment is progressing well and promises to be side splitting fun. Now currently forming the Chickendale dancers.

Al (al6517) Carla & Gerald (OKCarla) : Live poultry Auction. Contact AL for your list of what you want to consign to the auction.

Carah (Sooner) : Tee Shirts- 3 color Designs are now in the works. Carah will start a size and Quantity order thread soon. We are lucky this year to be able to also have plenty of extra T-shirts in different sizes available at the event for sale. but get your order in early, NO $$$$ will be needed in advance to order.

Monty and Myself will be posting more specifics and details on these areas in a later post. As always Monty will be seeking Donations for the clubhouse rental and the cabin reservation info at KOA. We tried so very hard to choose a date for this event that would fit 99.9% of are available members, the weather, POOPS planning and reservation schedule, and local and regional events. The good folks at KOA have been so gracious to have invited us back and we recieved some very good positive feedback from are members, that this was a good fit for our needs. As a group we are known for are steadfastness once we set our minds to a task, it is now up to each and every one of us to come together and contact the appropriate principle to offer any help and suggestions, ya'll know the drill. The principle heads will start to post a list of names and services volunteered as it begins to come together in their areas.

So Okies let the festivities begin in the tradition of the most poplular group thread on this BYC forum.

AL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom