Oklahoma Poultry Shows

Oh! I think he asked me about them. I found a person on e-bay that is selling a bunch of different pure breeds, and that was one. I want to order a bunch SO bad! But I'm making myself wait until after the holiday.

I banded my chickens tonight, all but two. I bribed them with marshmallows! They've never gotten treats. I don't know if they liked them, or if they were just excited about having treasures to play keep away. *haha*

Somehow my mother managed to do some Christmas shopping for me at the Shawnee show! *haha* I got a shirt and a book.
big_smile.png

Quote:
being a mother myself.and a grandmother...........ALL things are possible when its your kids......I managed to sneak a basket of cute little kittens.......past my granddaughter while at that show.......fake ones of course..and she is not easily fooled that one.......

A basket of fake kittens, that sounds so cute! I didn't really get to meet your grandaughter, but she was a cutie. Does she like chickens? Hey, I bet she'd like two REAL kittens!
lol.png

Thanks, Egh, that's great
big_smile.png

Quote:
Just to let everyone know - this show has a tendency to get cancelled from lack of help, but I've heard that it is the most fun show around when they have it! So if there's anyway any of you can volunteer to help with anything, please let the Breedens know and I'm sure they would appreciate it
big_smile.png
Also, just the entry fee from you entering your birds helps them out
smile.png

Ok Grace, you, me, and my mom are gonna go stay there and volunteer. And then we can go eat at Pete's in Krebbs. *haha* That's a Monday, St. Patrick's Day, and the first week day of spring break. Poor timing.
sad.png
When will you know if they've canceled it? I really would love to help out, I'll see what I can do.

Cammie, I love your idea (especially about Pete's Place), but that is sad that it's at a pretty bad time
hmm.png
sad.png
I don't know how they decide on an exact time to cancel it, but you can always call them and check - I've talked to the lady before and she is really nice. I think what we might do to volunteer would be either to make a trip up there a day or two before the show and help with setup or just to stay a couple of hours late and help them take stuff down.

Back
Top Bottom