Olandsk Dwarf Chickens

I am expecting some hatching eggs of this breed and I am so excited! I just have a quick question. In your experience, are the roosters very loud? I know they are a bantam breed and I am hoping that if the little roos are not very loud or noticable to the neighbors I might be able to get a nice breeding pen if these going. I am working within city limits and I have nice neighbors but I don't want to be asked to get rid of a nice little rooster. Any input is helpful!! Thanks!!

I am expecting some hatching eggs of this breed and I am so excited! I just have a quick question. In your experience, are the roosters very loud? I know they are a bantam breed and I am hoping that if the little roos are not very loud or noticable to the neighbors I might be able to get a nice breeding pen if these going. I am working within city limits and I have nice neighbors but I don't want to be asked to get rid of a nice little rooster. Any input is helpful!! Thanks!!

Brechin, the little guys can really carry a tune - not deep and LOUD like their larger fowl brethren, but you still know there is a rooster in the yard. Most of my boys sleep in "motel rooms" in the garage, so that their early morning choir practice doesn't bother the neighbors up the hill from me. I put them back in their respective pens around 8:30 or 9:00 am. Every once in a while I am too tired at night to move the boys to the motel, and they get to spend the night in the coops, but 99% of the time they get personal transportation to their designated motel room at night, and a free ride back to visit their girlfriends in the morning. I have actually come to really enjoy "rooster time" as I like to call it, and I haven't had any grumbling from the neighbors since I started doing this a few years ago.

I don't think we live too far from one another - I am in Orinda - let me know if you would like to plan a visit to see/hear them for yourself!

Back
Top Bottom