Showing Olandsk Dwarf chickens?

And a lavender baby hen and rooster. Their color changes so much as they grow with the white increasing throughout the first year or so. By this time next year they be fully splashed.

Attachments

• 20220214_114033.jpg
    20220214_114033.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20220214_113837.jpg
    20220214_113837.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 4
A lavender hen and rooster. We've had a hawk checking out our yard so I didn't let them out to get pretty pictures, and I only did one of each so less bird catching....they're so mad at me for man handling them now! The last picture is a Yokohama roo getting a better look at what I was upto 🙂
The seller mislabeled those. 😅 They have the blue gene, not the lavender gene. The lavender gene would dilute the gold far more.

The seller mislabeled those. 😅 They have the blue gene, not the lavender gene. The lavender gene would dilute the gold far more.
My understanding is that blue comes from black bred to splash and if you breed two blue birds you get chicks that are black, blue or splash. Lavender involves the same gene's and colors, however lavender breeds true. By that definition, these are lavender. If I'm missing something, please let me know🙂

I've never owned a lavender bird before and have gone by what my friend told me on these birds colors. I just went and read some on the color and from that, these would be blue as the rooster shows reds rather then straw colors. And I read that there are some blue chickens that breed true. It's just that most don't. I'll have to read a lot more.

Last edited:
Lavender or blue, they are beautiful!! 😍😍😍 I just love the colors 😍 This is my Lavender Hedemora…the colors are a really pretty soft gray. I love the array of colors yours have ❤️🥰

Attachments

• 99E09F5A-ED43-485B-A4C3-D8735A4ADEBE.jpeg
    99E09F5A-ED43-485B-A4C3-D8735A4ADEBE.jpeg
    859.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 54EE3692-6509-4AE5-B308-182F2649AAED.jpeg
    54EE3692-6509-4AE5-B308-182F2649AAED.jpeg
    438.3 KB · Views: 4
Aw, she looks like a sweetheart! Beautiful bird!
Thanks! She is a really sweet bird! I’m hoping the Olandsk breeder lets me know soon that she has some chicks ready to sell! I’m on a waiting list and I’m not very good at being patient 😆 Especially seeing your gorgeous little birds! 😍 How much would you say they weigh? Would they be similar in size to a d’Uccles?

I don't know d’Uccles well enough to say. They're similar in size to my old english bantam creles. A couple of the roos are a little bigger but not by much. They're fluffier then the old english and have fuller tails and chests. I'd love to trade eggs with you someday if your interested and I'd likewise be happy to send you some eggs.

Back
Top Bottom