Olandsk Dwarf Chickens

Lol yeah the big olandsk roo is trying to perfect his crow. It looks like you have a pair there. The SFH in the back looks like a boy and he looks like he is going to turn out great. He looks like he is getting some red on his back.

Hi folks,

I have a baker's dozen (13) fertile eggs that I can ship out tomorrow morning if anyone is looking for eggs - pm me if you are interested! Here are a few new pics to entertain you on this beautiful Sunday morning! I hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful first weekend of fall.

Hi folks,

I have a baker's dozen (13) fertile eggs that I can ship out tomorrow morning if anyone is looking for eggs - pm me if you are interested!  Here are a few new pics to entertain you on this beautiful Sunday morning! I hope everyone is enjoying this wonderful first weekend of fall.

I really need to find my camera and post photos of my babies I hatched from you! They are absolutely adorable :) I was really happy to have such a good hatch.

What was the breeding to get them they look like so many diff. breeds....I love them....They look like the Kentucky Specks.....some what.......

The Olandsk Dwarfs are actually an old breed from the island of Olandsk in Sweden. This is a landrace bird - developed naturally over the years by natural selection rather than breeding for a particular standars. Some have yellow legs, some have white, some have a straight comb, others more of a rose comb. The birds in the US were imported by Greenfire, and they say that they only brought in straight-combed birds. I would love to get my hands on a rose combed olandsk! At one time they were very rare, and may still be fairly rare in Sweden, but I think the numbers are increasing now that Greenfire introduced them to the US. I know that I have increased the world's population of Olandsk by about 30 chicks so far!

Looking for some hatching eggs... purebred of course... send out emails and not heard back. Got a broody I need to get some good eggs under before it gets too cool and might as well make them a breed I really want.

Anyone? PM me if you are able and willing with your price. Only need 6+ or so. Going under a Black Australorp hen.

ETA... disregard. I did get a email back. ;) I just wasn't aware of it. I'll hopefully be in the Olandsk Dwarf club in a couple weeks. lol

Last edited:
I have some birds that look identical to the breed, however they are not, or I highly doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom