She came from a local hatchery in Lebanon MO - Cackle. Got her at 3 days old. No idea what her cross is. she cost more and I was hesitant since my experience is low, just 3 years. I guess it was a good risk!
HooBoy, they are pricey!
Got a pic of her?...and her eggs?

HooBoy, they are pricey!
Got a pic of her?...and her eggs?
olive eggs.jpg
They might not be big yet but she is sure leading the way in quantity.

Olive.jpg

Here's olive. I know quite the creative naming ehh? She has this little tuft on her head sometimes it sticks up sometimes not.

olive2.jpg

Beautiful olive eggs!

I think a 2nd roost will help. Even though my pullets are usually allowed to sleep on the same roost as the hens, they're still forced down to the lower roost every so often.

She looks like my 2 cream crested legbars. But they lay light blue eggs.
They (cackle hatchery) obviously used CCL for the blue egg component to make OE's.
I don't know enough about genetics to speculate if it was the hen or cock that was CCL.
I crossed BCM over CCL for OE's, the females are all black and the males looked like CCL's.

I have two Leghorn Pullets. I can't wait for them to start laying. They are near 5 months old. They do not sleep in the loft with my 10 RIRs, they try, but the RIRs run them out and when they don't run out, they are pecked on (not hard, but I don't let the LH stay in the loft). We built a second loft under the higher one and they sleep there with 2 Silkie Pullets.

I have two Leghorn Pullets. I can't wait for them to start laying. They are near 5 months old. They do not sleep in the loft with my 10 RIRs, they try, but the RIRs run them out and when they don't run out, they are pecked on (not hard, but I don't let the LH stay in the loft). We built a second loft under the higher one and they sleep there with 2 Silkie Pullets.
I think you mean legbars?

Back
Top Bottom