Olive Egger - Isbar x BCM

My olive eggers have been very productive. They have been laying about 6 days a week. I'm going to be hatching out some chicks soon with my black olive egger roo crossed with a few different breeds in my flock: black copper marans, easter egger and olive egger. It will be interesting to see what color eggs those produce.

My olive eggers have been very productive. They have been laying about 6 days a week. I'm going to be hatching out some chicks soon with my black olive egger roo crossed with a few different breeds in my flock: black copper marans, easter egger and olive egger. It will be interesting to see what color eggs those produce.

I bet they'll be beautiful!

This is why I love OEs/EEs, and other breeds that lay blue to green eggs. It's always such a thrill getting new, uniquely colored eggs.

Hi everyone! I have some eggs that I hatched out 5 weeks ago that I got from a lady who stated they were Isbar/CM crosses. She is into the olive eggers. I hatched 1 olive egg and got a white hen with green legs and feet. 2 green eggs and 1 brown eggs that gave me 1 EE hen ( I assuming, she has a muff) and 2 roosters; 1 green and 1 brown egg that gave me 1 all black and 1 all black with a single white tip on one wing feather. I have been looking up Isbar chicks and pullets. would you mind looking at pictures of these and telling me if any of these look like they might be Isbar?

Hi everyone! I have some eggs that I hatched out 5 weeks ago that I got from a lady who stated they were Isbar/CM crosses. She is into the olive eggers. I hatched 1 olive egg and got a white hen with green legs and feet. 2 green eggs and 1 brown eggs that gave me 1 EE hen ( I assuming, she has a muff) and 2 roosters; 1 green and 1 brown egg that gave me 1 all black and 1 all black with a single white tip on one wing feather. I have been looking up Isbar chicks and pullets. would you mind looking at pictures of these and telling me if any of these look like they might be Isbar?
Kinda looks like mine. The boys will most likely have white head and neck feathers. One of my girls is black with a white head and neck feathers too. These are pics from when they were younger, at about 9 weeks. girl on left boy on right.

Last edited:

Last edited:
Not sure how helpful I could be there. I've only got the Isbar x Marans cross and don't have any Isbars myself. I bought the hatching eggs form someone. Red sex-links would probably look pretty different crossed with an Isbar.
Hi there, I was wondering if you could tell me where you got your Isbar x Marans hatching eggs from and if it is someone who regularly ships hatching eggs. Thanks so much for the time.

No the person I got them from doesn't ship and also she no longer has the parent stock so they aren't available from her anymore. Not sure where else you can get them.

No the person I got them from doesn't ship and also she no longer has the parent stock so they aren't available from her anymore. Not sure where else you can get them.
Thank you for responding. Finding these guys on the West Coast is a challenge for sure. I am very, very reluctant to do the long distance mail order thing after a total disaster just recently. Oh well, my search continues. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom