On the term "show quality"

Quote:
ep.gif

I hope everyone will always be honest in there ad's. I have show quality barred rock hens that have been in shows and I have seen the ribbons from the guy who I got them from. I will add that to my hatching egg ad's but will be honest enough to say "birds may be show quality and may be pet quality I can hold no guarantee".

Stevie good point the honor system is key in any Buisness arrangment and you need to make sure you are doing buisness with people you trust or you may get ripped off.

Henry

I like how Jody lists it.......I breed to APA standards...... that is all anyone can really do.

chickhamm
Theressa
GA

Is there a place online where you can read and/or print out the standards for the breeds? I don't know that I want to spend the money on the giant book. Then you compare your birds to the standard as written and if they don't have DQs then they may be SQ?

I am not sure about where to find the standards. Your birds may be great SQ stock but most of there chicks will have DQ's so you can not sell eggs or chicks at SQ even if them come from SQ parents.

Henry

you can go to breed club websites and find some standard of perfections but not all, or you can buy a black and white version of the standard of perfection which is considerably cheeper
jumpy.gif
lol.png
It is a very nice book to have though

I do not think that if you have two SQ birds and you breed them together that you are going to get a lot of birds with disqualifications neccesarily (well i never heard of that)

It can happen tiki. There are lots of characteristics hiding under what you see in the best chickens. The wrong two birds together can bring out many surprises.

Back
Top Bottom