One chicken left how to add the babies

I wasn’t going to leave it unattended I was to do be sitting out there observing the babies and the hen it’s easy to move it around

Yes! Between me and my husband there is always someone home. I let the babies out today. I didn’t leave them out long bc I didn’t want to stress out my injured hen. I don’t want to bombard her. I still think she might be in shock

Yes! Between me and my husband there is always someone home. I let the babies out today. I didn’t leave them out long bc I didn’t want to stress out my injured hen. I don’t want to bombard her. I still think she might be in shock
Well if you feel safe leaving the cage outside of the run, that's up to you - I only mentioned it because your recent loss came outside during the day time, and some predators are bold enough to snatch birds away even in front of humans.

As far as the hen being stressed, she probably is, but that might be to your advantage when it comes to integrating, as she may be less defensive than she normally would've been, so it may end up making for a faster integration. Hard to say. Obviously if this is very upsetting for her, there's no need to rush things.

Back
Top Bottom