One chicken left..

kreidepriinnz

In the Brooder
Jun 21, 2022
2 out of my previously 3 chickens got attacked by something and didnt make it.. my remaining chicken came back sometime yesterday morning and i can tell she's not her best. I checked her over for injuries and she seems okay, shes moving fine and didnt act hurt when i picked her up to take her back to the coop. in the last few days, she hasnt eaten, idk if she's drank anything, but all the food im giving her sits untouched when i go back out and check and shes sitting in the back corner of the coop, fluffed up and making a quiet, chicken-ey screech sound. i can tell she's lonely or scared, or whatever it may be. im going to get another chicken to keep her company... but i dont want to raise another chick and leave her on her own for that long, nor do i really have the time to raise another single chick again, like i did for her. whats the ideal age range for the new chicken to introduce to her?

I’m sorry you lost your girls.

My situation is a bit different but I just added 7.5 week old chicks to a flock of seven 2 and 3 year olds. They have not bothered the chicks at all. Also, the chicks are big and enough to get away quick if needed and confident, yet smart enough, to approach them with caution.

Back
Top Bottom