One month old, feathering in, time to try again...

Marans have pink legs so I think that you Cuckoo Marnas is a barred rock and the Black Copper Marans might be an JG or maybe a Black star if they have those at Ideal.

Okay, someone on facebook just took a look at the pic of my "Mystery Pullet" (like your #1)...says she look a lot like an Iowa Blue...
roll.png

I couldn't find any pictures of that breed around the age we have, so I don't know. But I think Fayoumi and Campine are much closer. Since this pic was taken, they have lost almost all brown in the head, and have a very defined white neck with white spots blending into black as you go back from the neck. I think the Fayoumi is a much better match, especially after looking at the chick pics on this google search... https://www.google.com/search?q=egy...ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CAsQ_AUoAQ&biw=1467&bih=679

Marans have pink legs so I think that you Cuckoo Marnas is a barred rock and the Black Copper Marans might be an JG or maybe a Black star if they have those at Ideal.

Black Stars and Barred Rocks are not on Ideal's "rare" list. So it can't be those. We think the ones we thought were Cuckoo are really Barred Hollands. But we'll see!

Not sure if this helps, but this is my golden campine and she's about the same age as yours.

This is her at 3 weeks

This is her at 4 weeks

And this is my barred plymouth rock which also looks similar to one of the chicks you posted.

This is her at 3 weeks

This is her at 4 weeks

Not sure if this helps, but this is my golden campine and she's about the same age as yours. This is her at 3 weeks This is her at 4 weeks And this is my barred plymouth rock which also looks similar to one of the chicks you posted. This is her at 3 weeks This is her at 4 weeks
i am also having similar pullet like your. Can any body tell whether it is golden campine or something else??

Back
Top Bottom