Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Wow, wonder who could have done that? I love that bird fabric, so cheerful! I actually found a small piece in my scrap tub and used it in one of the little heart blocks on my current project. I just LOVE bird fabrics and not just chickens, either! My SIL bought this one from me awhile back:

Wow, chickadees and cardinals! How bright and cheery that is!

Wow, chickadees and cardinals! How bright and cheery that is!
That was some really beautiful fabric, wasn't it? I love those with realistic birds on them. Plus, these are two of my favorite birds here on our mountain anyway.

This is a very dangerous thread, lol.
(looking around for scary stuff....) what danger, pray tell?

Love the bird fabric too! I find it hard to find nice designs of animals or birds on printed fabric for quilting. I made one quilt to order for a little girl who liked animals. After failing to find suitable fabric I popped in at this lovely shop that sold all sorts of Indian clothing and more and bought a ridiculously expensive sheet with elephants in the pattern… and cut it up….
hide.gif

Love the bird fabric too! I find it hard to find nice designs of animals or birds on printed fabric for quilting. I made one quilt to order for a little girl who liked animals. After failing to find suitable fabric I popped in at this lovely shop that sold all sorts of Indian clothing and more and bought a ridiculously expensive sheet with elephants in the pattern… and cut it up….
hide.gif

I know, crazy stuff we do to get things just right, huh?

I am making block after block on this little quilt. Ran out of the exact tone-on-tone white for the top of the heart and had to rummage through my very sparse whites tub to find more of similar type, though not exactly the same. I rarely keep whites around here, but I want it to be a true scrap quilt, 99% from my scrap tubs. Needs to be 4-5 rows wider and a couple rows longer.

I know, crazy stuff we do to get things just right, huh?

I am making block after block on this little quilt. Ran out of the exact tone-on-tone white for the top of the heart and had to rummage through my very sparse whites tub to find more of similar type, though not exactly the same. I rarely keep whites around here, but I want it to be a true scrap quilt, 99% from my scrap tubs. Needs to be 4-5 rows wider and a couple rows longer.

I see my wild birds on there!

That is lovely, Cyn! And yeah, you're right about crazy stuff. The shop keeper's face when I told him it's for a quilt… lol

That is lovely, Cyn! And yeah, you're right about crazy stuff. The shop keeper's face when I told him it's for a quilt… lol

Haha, I bet he was flummoxed, all right!

I got a fabric delivery today and among them, additional yard of the lighter pink large floral I already had, plus a paisley that is a touch different in shade and a print that is almost a raspberry pink. The setting triangles will be one of those three-I have a feeling I could look and look and never be 100% happy with what I find so one of these it will be.

All look good beside the teal/turquoise colors, it's just when it goes against the pinks, I have to decide what's best. Though the paisley is only a tiny touch darker than the light pink floral tone-on-tone fabric I had, it is a print that is not one in the body of the quilt, which is a bonus. The raspberry-ish pink may be too close to the rose centers it will lay beside and it may veer too much to the purplish hue, but still not too bad. So, tell me what you think? The fabrics against each side. Sorry, the light is horrible today, very overcast.

And again, the pink tone-on-tone I already had and got more of.

Cyn, I love that paisley! That's my vote
big_smile.png

(I'm kind of a fan of paisley in any color though, so I may be biased.)

Back
Top Bottom