Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Pics
Very pretty Cyn!
thumbsup.gif

Feeling like that would make it difficult to work. Take a break, I hope you're better tomorrow!

Feeling like that would make it difficult to work. Take a break, I hope you're better tomorrow!

If the sun comes back out and it dries up, I'll be fine. I don't like to push it when I feel this way or the quilting suffers. I just want this one finished, because the longer it takes to finish, the more potential projects line up in my head!

Looks great Cynthia, I really like the way the binding looks with it. Makes a great border against the purple.

Thanks, Karen. I bought that fabric and one in a different color family especially for making binding when Walmart had it on sale for something like $2/yard. It's a Waverly print. This was the first chance I got to use it. Almost all of the quilt is from fabrics I already had on hand in my storage tubs and I had to piece the backing to have it large enough. I had a purple fabric that was the size of most of the quilt, minus about 6" all around and I used neon orange and yellows that I rarely have uses for here for that wide border. It may not exactly match the front, but hey, it's patchwork and we use what we have. I often want to do quilts with fabrics that are already here, though at times, I just have to buy a color that is in short supply on my shelves and in the tubs.

The backing is a bit weird, but it's the back. Beats plain old muslin.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom