Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Love that....quilting roomba. The only thing I could think of was a stitch regulator, but seems that's what they'd call it, if it was that.

ADDING: Found this...
The PC Quilter (PCQ) is a quilting robot. It replaces/augments the free-motion carriage on your machine quilting frame. The PCQ works with all midarms and longarms and with almost all quilting frames. There are two versions of the PCQ. One version allows you to simply put your sewing machine on top of the PCQ. With the other version, you place the PCQ next to your sewing machine carriage. In either case, the PCQ then moves your sewing machine around on your quilting frame just like you do when you are free-motion quilting (only a lot more accurately)!

The BIG difference is that the PC Quilter is controlled by your home computer and is amazingly accurate! It comes with all the software you need to run the robot and digitize your own patterns. Even better is that there are now over 3,000 individual quilting patterns available for the PC Quilter......(and so on)

Love that....quilting roomba. The only thing I could think of was a stitch regulator, but seems that's what they'd call it, if it was that.

ADDING: Found this...
The PC Quilter (PCQ) is a quilting robot. It replaces/augments the free-motion carriage on your machine quilting frame. The PCQ works with all midarms and longarms and with almost all quilting frames. There are two versions of the PCQ. One version allows you to simply put your sewing machine on top of the PCQ. With the other version, you place the PCQ next to your sewing machine carriage. In either case, the PCQ then moves your sewing machine around on your quilting frame just like you do when you are free-motion quilting (only a lot more accurately)!

The BIG difference is that the PC Quilter is controlled by your home computer and is amazingly accurate! It comes with all the software you need to run the robot and digitize your own patterns. Even better is that there are now over 3,000 individual quilting patterns available for the PC Quilter......(and so on)
Yea so basically it prints your quilting. Amazing what these machines can do

So guys I've been sewing for 20 years and just found out I've been using a seam ripper wrong all this time. Apparently the little red ball on the seam ripper has a use. It's a fabric protector. Whereas I would go and just individually pick out seams until the fabric separated apparently you can just insert the red ball into the seam and cut all the threads at once. Thought I'd share this with for anyone else that didn't know

I saw that awhile back. Amazing the mysteries of common items.
I'm piecing a quilt now on my Janome 8200. Makes my Juki look like absolute junk, though, to be fair my Juki has an MSRP around $1200 or so but the Janome an MSRP of around $2000-2500, depending on where you find the information. It's not the same type machine, really. Will post the quilt in progress when I'm a bit further along with it. It will be a mystery how big this is going to be. It's medallion style, making from the center outward; just don't want it to be more than twin size.

okay the round after the medallion part is not put together, just laid out so use your imagination. I still need to make two more Chevron blocks on this round (hope it's not hard to see sitting on this star quilt, and the chevrons in this color may be a bit too much). After I get all these blocks attached, the next round will be the dark teal narrow border, then a wider black border and after that, it's either done or I'll put a row of blocks top and bottom to make it a rectangle and border to finish. It seems very gold, LOL. Lots of gold. The corner blocks are a pain to piece, but I love the way they look in these colors, called Entwined Star, pictured alone and on the quilt in progress. I was going to have them be the only block in the round instead of the chevrons, but I did not want to do 8 more of those, ugh! This one has pieced pieces because I was running out of the gold fabric. I have more now, but was too impatient to wait for it to arrive so I did the block anyway.
IMG_2109.JPG

IMG_2136.JPG

Back
Top Bottom