Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Still haven't finished my current quilt and now ive been commissioned to do a t-shirt quilt.:thI've never done one before but the concept appears simple. Any suggestions for its longevity? These are old t-shirts and im not sure yet about the quality I'll be dealing with. I'm picking them up next weekend

My aunt sent me a sack of teeshirts from her world travels. I haven't started it, but I did get some lightweight fusible to stabilize the fabric so it won't stretch much and will then cut out 12-1/2 inch blocks or whatever is uniform among the teeshirt fronts. I will probably frame them with a narrow border in colors complimenting each shirt, like sashing, then put them together.

My aunt sent me a sack of teeshirts from her world travels. I haven't started it, but I did get some lightweight fusible to stabilize the fabric so it won't stretch much and will then cut out 12-1/2 inch blocks or whatever is uniform among the teeshirt fronts. I will probably frame them with a narrow border in colors complimenting each shirt, like sashing, then put them together.
I was thinking fusable backing might work myself. It had been suggested to me to possibly triple layer the whole thing by putting fabric behind the tshirts then polyfil then fleece backing (not ideal but its what she wants). Depending on cost i might go that route

They are spendy, but worth every penny. Did you try Amazon?

I am having to sew in the dining room. We are pushing out some walls in the attic that will expand my sewing area by over 300 sq ft. That entailed moving half my current room into and on top of the other half and covering the long arm, tv, and other stuff with plastic. I grabbed a couple of projects, a machine and moved in to the dining room. I hope they get done quickly. I can’t stand the disorganization.

They are spendy, but worth every penny. Did you try Amazon?
Yes I did. The only person selling one is out of stock. I found a site that was selling an adaptor but they informed me it would not work with their walking foot. Another site has one for 50 dollars...but out of stock:hit
yet another site has it for 80 in stock but I kinda want to hold out for the 50 dollar one:caf

Back
Top Bottom