Ongoing Quilt Projects, Continued from the "No Appreciation...." Thread

Yeah, I would hold out. Oh, maybe in a thrift store you can find a super cheap high shank machine that has one with it. Then you have a back up machine and a walking foot. The thrift store near me had machines the other day for $25 and $30.

Yeah, I would hold out. Oh, maybe in a thrift store you can find a super cheap high shank machine that has one with it. Then you have a back up machine and a walking foot. The thrift store near me had machines the other day for $25 and $30.
Sweet! I checked a few antique stores yesterday to no avail. They didnt even have sewing machines. Tomorrow im going to look again. I found a place online that sells them for 50 bucks and has them in stock. Waiting on a reply back to make sure it will work with my machine. Ill take it for 50 but 80 bucks is a tad steep.

Sweet! I checked a few antique stores yesterday to no avail. They didnt even have sewing machines. Tomorrow im going to look again. I found a place online that sells them for 50 bucks and has them in stock. Waiting on a reply back to make sure it will work with my machine. Ill take it for 50 but 80 bucks is a tad steep.

You might also try to google for alternate brand that may fit. Maybe find a cheaper version that will still serve your purpose?

Or even look for kits that contain it, that might cost more but get more for your bucks overall.

@Ninjasquirrel how about adding an adapter which would enable you to use a low-shank one?
https://madamsew.com/products/high-shank-snap-on-adapter

2C9FF383-0540-493D-AE27-6491456148F5.jpeg

@Ninjasquirrel how about adding an adapter which would enable you to use a low-shank one?
https://madamsew.com/products/high-shank-snap-on-adapter

View attachment 1704919
I thought about this route but it cannot be a generic walking foot. The generics do not work with the old Kenmores. It would have to be a Kenmore brand. So even with this route I would still need a low shank Kenmore foot. At least thats what the company I was going to purchase it from told me. So the option is to buy it as is for 50 dollars or purchase a super high to low shank adaptor and then purchase a low shank kenmore walking foot. It adds up to around the same cost. Id also have to buy them seperately which is a huge can of worms. But if I cant find the correct foot this is an option

Edit: just read that link and even though it says it fits Kenmore 158 it also says it doesnt fit super high shank so this will not fit

The search is over! I called two local quilt shops and was finally referred to a little hole-in-the-wall vacuum and sewing repair shop about 30 minutes away. I drove there because they dont answer their phones. I was actually told that by both quilt shops. I got lost in the town 3 times because google maps couldnt locate me. Finally I found the place. He told me he didnt have it in stock but he could check and see if he can order it. He called the warehouse he orders from and they said its on back order...but not discontinued! He said I should have it sometime this month. I'm ecstatic! Only 50 bucks too:yesss:

I was able to borrow my MILs presser foot until mine arrives. But as god as my witness I will never work with fleece again! It keeps bunching on me. When I tried to seam rip the row to start over it started to tear the fleece. I finally decided its just going to have to stay put but I immediately pulled it and just finished basting every 2 inches. I ran out of quilting pins about half way through and switched to regular pins. Dont put me in quilting jail :oops:. When I finished basting I went to lift it off the floor only to find that I did it too well...I pinned it to the carpet. I had to start all over!:barnie

Back
Top Bottom