Online CRAZY EGG CHAIN lets play

Status
Not open for further replies.
mine pekin 6-2 weeks post 7750

offer: shipping in 2 weeks 5/13
6 tuxedo/cortnix quail

OR
6 ee (these are laying light blue eggs, chicks will could be olive eggers) +

6 red productions (white leghorns, red sexlink, basque, gl polish, glw, cochin banties)

basque, glw hens

ee, white leghorn hens

cochin banties hens

non bearded polish hen

bearded polish hen

basque rooster

bcm rooster

mine pekin 6-2 weeks post 7750

offer: shipping in 2 weeks 5/13
6 tuxedo/cortnix quail

OR

6 red productions (white leghorns, red sexlink, basque, gl polish, glw, cochin banties)
What packing method do you use to pack your eggs?

The method ive come to find that works best for me is using a small flat rate priority box a couple sheets of bubble wrap laid on the bottom of box, I then individually wrap each egg in bubble wrap. Then I stack the eggs in the middle of the box around the outside of the eggs I stuff plastic bags, bubble wrap, shredded paper. Then I top them off with what I have.

I try to secure the eggs in the box the best I can. I write all over the box "fragile hatching eggs "and if the customer wants I say hold for pickup. Once they leave my hands I can't gaurntee that they will arrive safely or that they hatch. BUT I do fertility checks on my eggs weekly. Ive hatched all my eggs, so I know they are fertile.

The method ive come to find that works best for me is using a small flat rate priority box a couple sheets of bubble wrap laid on the bottom of box, I then individually wrap each egg in bubble wrap. Then I stack the eggs in the middle of the box around the outside of the eggs I stuff plastic bags, bubble wrap, shredded paper. Then I top them off with what I have.

I try to secure the eggs in the box the best I can. I write all over the box "fragile hatching eggs "and if the customer wants I say hold for pickup. Once they leave my hands I can't gaurntee that they will arrive safely or that they hatch. BUT I do fertility checks on my eggs weekly. Ive hatched all my eggs, so I know they are fertile.
You may want to add a bit of extra padding to the bottom of your box too. They often get dropped by the PO & need as much cushion as they can get on all sides.

I hope u meant to say u use a medium flate rate box and not a small flat rate. You really have no room for eggs & padding in that small of a box & i would think the eggs would get crushed. Idk... Never saw anyone use that kind of box for eggs though.

I use a small box if I am sending no more than 6 eggs. if I am sending more than 6 I use a medium box. I always send priority, and I put as many layers as I can and pack as tightly as possible to the eggs have very little chance to move around. I have a hard time getting the box shut from all the packing that I stuff in, around the eggs. I always put fragile hatching eggs all over the box. now back to the offer:

shipping in 2 weeks 5/13
6 tuxedo/cortnix quail

OR

ok silkie explained to me that I was mistaken on the size/description of the box I use. I usually use the 7x7 box, not the small flate rate box. Like I said I use the apportriate box to the amount of eggs I ship. If I am sending more than 12 at a time, then I will use the med box, if it's around 6 then I use the 7x7 box.

so CURRENT OFFER:
shipping in 2 weeks 5/15
6 tuxedo/cortnix quail

OR

You use way too small of a box, and you need to actually add padding, send the correct amount of eggs and send what people claim. I've seen your packing too and it was awful. When you send 20 eggs and the auction was for 23+, not to mention the wrong breeds? Only 8 actually arrived safely. Upgrade your boxes to a larger size and add a lot more packing material.

AS i've said before I use material that i have on hand, i wrap the eggs in bubble wrap. i label the box fragile hatching eggs, live embroys. if the customer wants it to be held then i put that on there as well. i can't help the po at times are rough with the boxes, that is out of my control. each and everytime i send out boxes i learn from the previous one sent out. how they were handled, how they arrived. as soon as the box leaves my hands i have no more control over how the arrive or how they hatch BECAUSE everyone has different methods of incubating, etc.

i know my eggs are fertile, maybe not every single one but at i can say 99.9% are. i test everyone single one of my breeds to make sure they are fertile. i either crack them open, or i incubate them. i keep very careful records of my incubating as i do with my packing, sending. if i see one way isn't working with my packing, incubating then i change it up and i try something different to give the next box of eggs a very good chance. we've ALL had successes with sending eggs and HUGE failures....so i'm thinking i'm no different than anybody else. so instead of asking the same questions why not get back to the swapping.

CURRENT OFFER:
shipping in 2 weeks 5/15
6 tuxedo/cortnix quail

OR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom