Online CRAZY EGG CHAIN lets play

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool.png
After I get the next five coops built that I need, maybe I will get some:lau But the pictures help move the chain along, so thanks!

I would take them if we lived closer. All my eggs lately are getting here either poorly packaged or they don't develop (too hot here) so I am cautious about swapping lately. The only eggs I have in the bator that have developed from my last 5 swaps are from corancher.
hu.gif

And that is why I took the quail. Too late in the year to grow out extra chickens before the snow flies. This is my first year hatching; do folks in the warmer states keep hatching through autumn? I'm thinking of setting the Jaerhons loose pretty soon.

I hate the heat lamp hassle in the winter, but I really liked having chicks in my bath tub. I am crazy that way. You just get to see a lot more of them when they're in the house.:)

Mine are always in the house when they are in brooder stage unless they are hen-hatched. I still don't see them all that much
lol.png

I also hatch year-round but I limit myself to certain species. For example, I don't hatch ducks if it's really cold because they do stink it up if you can't kick them outside. Same thing for coturnix, I think they stink more than the ducks. Mainly I hatch eggs from my penned breeders (Marans, cochins, silkies, OEGB, and Serama)...I just can't bring myself to put their eggs with the 'eating' eggs.
hmm.png
Other than those though, I don't hatch many. Maybe 7-10 eggs a week get set in the bator and not all of them hatch. So it's manageable.
smile.png

I hatch all year round. I keep all my babies outside. In my coop I have an above ground floored room, this is where the chicks are kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom