Online CRAZY EGG CHAIN lets play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current Offer:

6 Serama Eggs
or
Mix of Serama eggs & Bantam Mottled Cochin Eggs (I can't do just cochins they aren't laying well enough.)

Sorry I was down with the Stomach flu.

Here are some pics: Serama

Bantam Mottled Cochins:

Last edited:
Hi everyone I have had a death in my family my Grandpa passed away last night. So Saturday I will be going back to Idaho for the funeral and to Ririe Idaho for the burial. which will be Monday.. reesepoultry I have four eggs for you now just waiting for my girls to lay more my silkies. My friend will be here checking on the chickens for me. I will be back Tuesday and I'm sure I will have all 6 by then :) sorry everyone about that. I will send the eggs out as soon as I get back Tuesday...

hugs.gif

thank you everyone

Current Offer: Below is all I have to offer right now.
hu.gif

Current Offer:

6 Serama Eggs: I can send these out next week
or
Mix of Serama eggs & Bantam Mottled Cochin Eggs (I can't do just cochins they aren't laying well enough.): I can do as many as 5 Cochin eggs.

Here are some pics: Serama

Bantam Mottled Cochins:

pretty sure mottled is a simple recessive. so breeding mottled to solid will result in solid. unless the solid happens to carry mottled from one of it's parents.
and depends what base color is on the mottled... with a black mottled, bred to blue, you'd get = 50/50 blue and black, all carrying the mottled gene. which, if you want to go the way of blue mottled, would work for breeding the resulting blue to black chicks (or blue to blue but you'd also get splash in the mix then)

Last edited:
pretty sure mottled is a simple recessive. so breeding mottled to solid will result in solid. unless the solid happens to carry mottled from one of it's parents.
and depends what base color is on the mottled... with a black mottled, bred to blue, you'd get = 50/50 blue and black, all carrying the mottled gene. which, if you want to go the way of blue mottled, would work for breeding the resulting blue to black chicks (or blue to blue but you'd also get splash in the mix then)

I agree with ki4got. I have been researching this myself. Breeding back the resulting birds from the first generation will result in some mottled black and blue chicks in the second generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom