Online CRAZY EGG CHAIN lets play

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like orps and am tempted but I have issues distinguishing them from my jersey giant chicks

Have you tried hatching baskets and toe punching the chicks? Below is what we use. The basket fits in a Genesis by Hovabator. We have the following varieties of Orpingtons at the same time: Black, BBS, Self Blue/Splits, Gold Laced. All can hatch Black. We then toe punch and place them in the same brooder. We actually toe punch about everything.

We found, if only ordering a toe punch, Strombergs had the best total price. That's cost plus shipping.

So grab the Orp eggs, use a hatching basket (available at most Wal-Marts) and buy a toe punch! Lets get this thread moving!

1f70-large.jpg

http://www.rubbermaid.com/Category/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?Prod_ID=RP091308

TOE-MD.jpg

http://www.strombergschickens.com/product/2348/toe-punch

http://www.dominiquechicken.com/Toe_Punch_Chart.html

imag002.jpg

Hi, just wanted to say that we have used women's knee high hose to separate different eggs in the incubator, just put the eggs in and tie the end closed with a bread tie, leave enough room for hatching comfort. then when they hatch pull them out and toe punch, wing band, or use colored zip ties to mark them and put them in the brooder, remember to leave plenty of room for growth and replace the zip ties as needed as they grow, A wing band is simple, pretty permanent and numbered!!! Lynn in Okla.
cool.png

Hi, just wanted to say that we have used women's knee high hose to separate different eggs in the incubator, just put the eggs in and tie the end closed with a bread tie, leave enough room for hatching comfort. then when they hatch pull them out and toe punch, wing band, or use colored zip ties to mark them and put them in the brooder, remember to leave plenty of room for growth and replace the zip ties as needed as they grow, A wing band is simple, pretty permanent and numbered!!! Lynn in Okla.
cool.png
I use nail polish in different shades in a dot on top of the heads to distinguish each breed or hatch. It's there until 1st feathering comes in & I usually have them sold by then
big_smile.png

Mine

Offering: (all 6+ or mix and match)

BBS Cochin
Heritage RIR
Welsummer
Blue/Black Ameraucana
Cuckoo Marans
Olive Eggers (covered by either a Black Ameraucana or a Welsummer)
Coturnix Quail (8 of these)

These will ship Friday or Monday

Mine on the Cochin.

Offer: 6+ of either of the following:

White French Production Muscovy
This is a French improved breeding stock that produces birds 50% larger than our American Muscovy. Very quiet and calm, lay lots of nice big eggs Feb-Nov (then tend to go broody for winter), excellent foragers. Wonderful personalities for pets: boys are super sweethearts; girls are docile... also the best broodies & mamas! (35 day incubation). For meat production, drakes usually attain a live weight of 12 pounds in 12 weeks. My typical dressed weights: Hens 3.5- 4.5 lb. and drakes 8 - 10 lb. (most dress at 9 lbs). High in meat-to-bone ratio, with less weight loss after cooking than Pekin ducks. (I have 9 multigenerational girls covered by 2 drakes; mama's regularly hatch out 12-18 babies!)

Silver Duckwing & White Phoenix Chickens
The Phoenix is an ancient Japanese breed of chicken tracing its heritage back over a thousand years! Beautiful ornamental birds, these are a medium sized (roosters weigh about 4lbs) with tails that can reach 4-5 feet in length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom