Online CRAZY EGG CHAIN lets play

Status
Not open for further replies.
oops, I miscounted on the calender. Thought these Muscovy were due to hatch next week. Walked into the kitchen to get a drink and heard a baby squeak. Since we only have Muscovy eggs of the same setting, I knew I had made a mistake. Brenae took this photo while I was trying to place hatching baskets in the incubator. So far only one is hatched.

Here is the swap I received the eggs from:
Offer: 6+ Of any of the following:

White French Production Muscovy
This is a French improved breeding stock that produces birds 50% larger than our American Muscovy. Very quiet and calm, lay lots of nice big eggs Feb-Nov (then tend to go broody for winter), excellent foragers. Wonderful personalities for pets: boys are super sweethearts; girls are docile... also the best broodies & mamas! (35 day incubation). For meat production, drakes usually attain a live weight of 12 pounds in 12 weeks. My typical dressed weights: Hens 3.5- 4.5 lb. and drakes 8 - 10 lb. (most dress at 9 lbs). High in meat-to-bone ratio, with less weight loss after cooking than Pekin ducks. (I have 9 multigenerational girls covered by 2 drakes; mama's regularly hatch out 12-18 babies!)

Mine on the White Muscovy.

ETA: The shipper figured it out. Her father helped gather eggs and accidentally sent a mixed breed mallard type egg. Our Muscovy eggs should hatch next week.

Last edited:
Sure is moving slow lately......
I killed it
hit.gif

Let me try adding this to my egg mix:

3+ Duckwing Welsumer/Marans eggs added to 3+ OEG bantam, or 6+ assorted LF & bantam mixed pen

Everything on my swap page & website is current EXCEPT availability of live birds for local pick-up. I just got home from the Mt Hope swap & haven't had a chance to update yet. If you are interested in live birds, make these adjust ments to the list: the only roo listed still available is the Lemon Blue Cochin Bantam (all LF are sold I think but you can double check with me to make sure), I now have a few black Cochin Bantam roos (4) & pullets (4) to sell in pairs for $15 each, and a Blue Mottled Cochin Bantam (looks like a pullet) from SQ Stock looking excellent for $15. I think about everything else is current.

Mine
18 + LF jumbo layers
Or
6+ MF D'uccle
MINE on the d'Uccles

OFFER:

My swap page https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/nsampsel2-swap

OR

3+ Duckwing Welsumer/Marans eggs added to 3+ OEG bantam, or 6+ assorted LF & bantam mixed pen

Everything on my swap page & website is current EXCEPT availability of live birds for local pick-up. I just got home from the Mt Hope swap & haven't had a chance to update yet. If you are interested in live birds, make these adjust ments to the list: the only roo listed still available is the Lemon Blue Cochin Bantam (all LF are sold I think but you can double check with me to make sure), I now have a few black Cochin Bantam roos (4) & pullets (4) to sell in pairs for $15 each, and a Blue Mottled Cochin Bantam (looks like a pullet) from SQ Stock looking excellent for $15. I think about everything else is current.

Last edited:
pop.gif

my 'not hatching for a while' has been postponed. LOL

so now i'm waiting for some LF pure or bantam cochin breeds i might be able to use... (blrw would be nice?
fl.gif
)

anyone want to make a side trade if nothing comes up? (bantam cochin, ee or sg dorking)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom