Online Large Fowl Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
it stormed and rained like crazy last night! Today the pond is over half full, but of course the water is very muddy. The gulch is already eroding away where he leveled off the road so I need to sow grass seed there again. A good load of gravel would help too.
I had three sets of people here today but did not sell much. Mostly they wanted info. Hopefully I can sell a bunch of chickens this weekend at the sale. Eggs are not selling, so I need to raise $ for feed.

caf.gif

it stormed and rained like crazy last night! Today the pond is over half full, but of course the water is very muddy. The gulch is already eroding away where he leveled off the road so I need to sow grass seed there again. A good load of gravel would help too.
I had three sets of people here today but did not sell much. Mostly they wanted info. Hopefully I can sell a bunch of chickens this weekend at the sale. Eggs are not selling, so I need to raise $ for feed.

Deb.. I need more Speckled Sussex eggs if you have any available. I can send paypal if you have any.. might help a tad with the feed bill.

I have been busy with the grandson...I need to take some chickens to the sale this weekend but depending on how much time I spending chasing the grandson.. I might not have the energy to chase the chickens.. I so know why they give children to younger people.. my energy level is not what it used to be. I really need to get them sold as the following two weekends will be busy ones with a trip to see my daughter and a trip to Biloxi with my brother and son.
We now have four breeder groups in what is fondly called "chicken village".. we didn't get to building the dividers..eventually the Village will house 7 different breeder groups. We still have to build nest boxes but they have temporary baskets in place right now. There is always something to do when you are "chicken obsessed"

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Shelly

Actually, I had saved up a bunch for you but with the holiday I was afraid by the time you got them they would be too old. Trying to collect more but it keeps raining and the eggs are filthy:p At least the pond is looking good.

Actually, I had saved up a bunch for you but with the holiday I was afraid by the time you got them they would be too old. Trying to collect more but it keeps raining and the eggs are filthy:p At least the pond is looking good.

Glad to hear the pond is doing nicely.. I know I have enjoyed not watering the garden this week with out daily rain.. but ICK..the main coop in a MESS.. not to mention I have grass that needs cutting BADLY..

Shelly

Finally! Almost a month after blood test I get my results, and I am Vitamin D3 deficient, which explains how lousy I have been feeling. So I take 5000 IU twice a day, and hopefully will feel better soon. The crazy part is, I take vitamins, and 350% of the RDA for that vitamin! But I guess my fat is soaking it up:-D Off to TSC in Jackson tomorrow !

A question for my chicken peeps.. The middle of last week I had some silver sebright eggs that I needed to sell and get in the mail quickly due to my schedule.. well I sold one dozen here.. and another on FBook. I am having a bit of a problem with the person on FBook.. a kid it seems. Being that he could not pay with paypal -- I went ahead and mailed them and he was suppose to mail out the money order. Right after I got BACK from the PO -- he messages saying he thought they were chicks ( WHY would I sell 12 silver sebright chicks plus shipping for $20 I ask you!!!) and his dad said not to buy them.. well that was my first indication I was dealing with a kid. He said he would still mail the money..

and yes.. my normal business practice is not the mail before payment but seemed up and up..I am too trusting..and I had scheduling conflict for mailing..

SO.. he tells me now that 9 of the 12 eggs were broken - I asked for a picture and still haven't gotten it.. nor have I gotten the money order (in state mailing by the way) AND he wants to know when I am going to send replacements for the broken eggs.

What would you do?

Shelly

A question for my chicken peeps.. The middle of last week I had some silver sebright eggs that I needed to sell and get in the mail quickly due to my schedule.. well I sold one dozen here.. and another on FBook. I am having a bit of a problem with the person on FBook.. a kid it seems. Being that he could not pay with paypal -- I went ahead and mailed them and he was suppose to mail out the money order. Right after I got BACK from the PO -- he messages saying he thought they were chicks ( WHY would I sell 12 silver sebright chicks plus shipping for $20 I ask you!!!) and his dad said not to buy them.. well that was my first indication I was dealing with a kid. He said he would still mail the money..

and yes.. my normal business practice is not the mail before payment but seemed up and up..I am too trusting..and I had scheduling conflict for mailing..

SO.. he tells me now that 9 of the 12 eggs were broken - I asked for a picture and still haven't gotten it.. nor have I gotten the money order (in state mailing by the way) AND he wants to know when I am going to send replacements for the broken eggs.

What would you do?

Shelly

Sadly I'd probably cut my losses and learn to NEVER ship before payment again.

You cant be expected to send more eggs if you havent gotton any money and if they were packaged properly and were still broken then it was the po's fault and it would still be your choice of weather or not to replace and not required. Politely tell him that becuase he didnt send the money or show you pictures of the eggs you are unable to work with him any more . Then dont communitcate with him any more .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom