Ontario, Canada

Hilltop Chicks, nice to see another Ontarioan on here LOL! Do you have chickens now? Or will you just be looking for egg or meat birds? Do you have a certain breed you will be looking for, have contacts for many people in that area

Hi,
I'm in Cold Springs, not very far from Castleton. I think it would be great to connect with other chicken people in northumberland county. We bought our chicks from Performance Poultry in May and just started getting eggs last week. We have four. Would love to hear all about your situation.

Wondering How Ontario chickens are coping in this early snowy weather. Mine are not venturing far from the coop and barn.

I've been tempted to try raising quail at some point.. but I've heard that they are not nearly as affectionate as chickens, and that you can't let them free range as they're likely to just take off.. haven't had them to know if that statement is true or not though.

Im from just north of toronto. I have 3 hens who are doing pretty well with their first taste of winter. I'm thinking of adding to my little flock next year but can't seem to find any hatcheries with much variety. I'd really like a couple of easter eggers--I think those coloured eggs are so neat!

Any Canadian winter advice would be totally appreciated! :)

Back
Top Bottom