Ontario, Canada

Hey thunder bay! Im in brampton and my 3 girls have been happy outside all winter with just a 60 watt lightbulb to keep em laying. One even decided to molt in january!
I even have the 3 week old chick out there but she does have a heatlamp over her pen

Hey everybody I'm new to backyard chickens. Live in Scotland ontario just south of Brantford. Don't even have my chickens yet. Will be getting day olds in a couple weeks. Super excited!

@katiaobie I grew up in westover such a small world!

Hey,

Late to this thread, I know, but I'm looking for fellow Canadians too.
I'm located just outside the middle of nowhere, around London, Ont. Got myself some pretty Chantecler girls. I'll be looking for more, come spring; if anyone knows of any local breeders, please let me know.

Cheers.

Hi. We're north of Cobourg and are this is our first full year with chickens. We had a very broody Buff Oprington that spent most of this summer sitting on the nest, but she just snapped out of it this week. I'll be in the London area next week and will ask around about local breeders...

jsmilth2952-- I got them as pullets. They were free range, part of a large-ish operation, so they are pretty wild. They were easy enough to train, took well to the goats and sheep, and are fearless around the dogs, for better or worse. I suspect one of them is laying in the pasture instead of the box, but it's no great loss. That'll come to a halt when they are in the coop for winter.
I found a breeder in Quebec, of course: I have family there who can help transport eggs, but I'd rather support local.
Very much looking forward to chicks. I'm curious to see if handling them young helps socialize them.

New Brunswick. Any others out there? We have 6 bantams and picking up 11 quail this weekend. A little nervous for winter but with all the tips on here feeling better.

Back
Top Bottom