Ontario Fall Auctions

BaronRenfrew

Songster
11 Years
Feb 18, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Here's info on fall bird sales 2011 (this will be edited and updated as I gather new info)

Ontario (Canada)

Alfred - September 24th - Knights of Columbus Hall
Interprovincial Bird Association www.ipba-aieo.org
Alfred is between Montreal and Ottawa

Vernon Ontario - Saturday, October 15, Bird entry 7 am, Auction starts at 9 am
Vernon Community Centre, 7950 Lawrence St.
Vernon is south of Ottawa
For more information, please visit http://www.easternbirdbreedersassociation.ca/

McDonald's
Corners - October 16th (near Perth)
info Cheryl McInnis 613-259-3172
in this village just look for the parked cars or follow the ruckus

South Mountain - September 10 - Oxford on Rideau Bird Club
South Mountain Fairgrounds South Mountain Ontario (near Kemptville ON)
Info Margaret Carson : Treasurer 613-258-2080

John Joynt is the auctioneer of the above 4 sales
613-283-4730

I have attended the sales at McDonald's corners, Vernon, and South Mountain the past. sales start at 9 am and run until all are sold- typically mid afternoon

Anyone can come and buy birds (all are in cardboard boxes with chicken wire fronts) or in cages. To sell at Vernon you have to join the club.

You will find chickens, bantams, ducks, geese, turkeys, pigeons, guinea fowl, quail, pheasants, partridges, peafowl and some cage birds; finches, canaries, budgies, etc. also some equipment such as incubators, maybe a few cages, etc.
Also some hatching eggs.

The South Mountain sale and McDonald's Corners will include rabbits.
The Kemptville sale had a vendor selling books, incubators, and equipment. I don't know if this vendor is at the South Mountain sale.

There are sales held in Woodstock Ontario , one is game birds the other domestic farm birds. For more info on these check www.pheasantclub.org and www.canadiandoveassociation.org

Fenelon Falls Ontairo (near Lake Simcoe)
at the fairgrounds which is on Veteran's Way. Register at 11am with auction starting at 1pm. there's usually a silent auction as well and 50/50 draw, also food and drink available. entries must be boxed and viewable as they will go to the buyer in such. our club also has a fall tailgate sale. everyone is welcome to come and buy/sell /trade. we are trying to build our club bigger and better, so you are welcome to attend a meeting, or join for $10 single/$15 family per year and get involved in club events and receive our monthly newsletter. http://fenelonfeatherfurclub.weebly.com

To buy migratory birds; mallard ducks, canada geese, you must have a federal permit before buying. To buy huntable birds i.e. ringneck pheasants, hungarian partridge, and bobwhite quail you are supposed to get a provincial permit after ten days of purchase to keep birds in province of Ontario. Quebec does not have a permit for game birds.

I don't get the feathier fancier so I don't know what is listed there. www.featherfancier.on.ca

Quebec

October 8 2011 - Ste Madeleine Quebec (Near St Hyacinthe an hour east of Montreal on autoroute 20)
www.aaofq.com Association des Amateurs d'Oiseaux de Fantaisies du Quebec

This bird club has a great website and the auction is game birds, cage birds, and domestic poultry. Its obviously a french speaking group (lots of fun at auction speed) but there'll be a few folks that speak english.

Happy Birding, Bert

Back
Top Bottom