Opinions on best egg layers

I do agree with you but leghorns can be very flighty and we had one that was mean but overall thee a pretty good choice.I to love polish I'm have some and there perfect for children.Silkies are also great pets and amazing for children o and I'm sorry about the leghorn thing I've just haven't and any Lovy dovy leghorns.

I do agree with you but leghorns can be very flighty and we had one that was mean but overall thee a pretty good choice.I to love polish I'm have some and there perfect for children.Silkies are also great pets and amazing for children o and I'm sorry about the leghorn thing I've just haven't and any Lovy dovy leghorns.
Silkies are just adorable! Too bad we have to have some self control on chicken math.

We do have one feisty Leghorn named "Orange". She and I are in a love/hate relationship. She only cuddles with me when she is indoor, otherwise, she wants to bite me sometimes whenever I go near her in the run. The other three are just angels since birth.

In terms of egg laying, can't complaint about that.

There is no need to apologize...
It seems what you do say must have been true...showing from the user up...

My Golden Comets (Red Sex Links) are a year old and they lay. I have 8 of those, a Buff Orpington, two Rhode Island Reds, A gold and a silver Wynadote and two something chickens. They are black, have a few feathers on their legs, but aren't silkies. Out of my 14 chickens, I get 10-12 eggs per day. I am sure the bulk of the eggs come from the Red Sex Links. If you want eggs, get them. Also, they are very friendly. I had them since they were a couple days old, I bought them from an online hatchery, Mc Murray...or Meyer... I don't remember. Anyway, they are very docile, even the rooster I had was a good calm guy. He had to go, though. He was driving my Delaware Rooster nuts. Anyway, if you want nice, friendly egg layers, go with the Golden Comet, Red Sexlink chickens. My two cents worth.

My leghorns aren't mean but they are flighty...as long as I let them finish laying they just stay away from me. They are also curious a lot too, but flutter away into white tornadoes as soon as I reach out my hand.

My sex link is very docile and lays everyday with the leghorns; I mean 7 days a week at about 1:30 all through winter and summer. I only have a problem with the leghorns being a lighter breed, and they're not the best in winter. It also depends how you socialize them as chicks too, you have to gain their trust young, with treats or food.

I get 5 a week out of 1 Dominique and 6-7 out of my other one! They both began laying at 21 weeks and layed through November unlike my Ameraucana and Jubilee Orpington who didn't lay until 11 months!

They are amazing birds, lap babies and jump in my lap and sometimes only shoulder tapping at my shirt and pants for treats! They forage REALLY well and can take care of themselves. They are really big talkers too!

Our roo was aggressive and we culled him, but that happens! Please consider helping out this rarer breed! I am addicted!

I have 2 black sex-links and they are good layers, If you want a docile chicken along with the egg laying, then get yellow comets, be careful with the kids. I have a yellow comet who lovess me!!! She is the first one to see me and a cuddly every once in a while.. But watch the Kids, although the hen may be very kind, it doesn't 100% mean that they arn't gonna peck her. We are different from them so pecking is the only way they can truly see what our skin feels like.. It seems as though they are intentionally hurting us, but trust me they arnt.

Back
Top Bottom