Orange Tabby...He Stays and His Name is Finn (Update with Videos Dec 31)

Pics
Once again speckledhen, a great read. We have one outdoor cat, neutered, taken in from my friend for house peeing. He's been here for 6 years now. We took in another at about the same time for peeing but he got tore up by coyotes and had to be put down. I miss that cat.

We always feed stray cats and had two that were dumped this early spring. The one disappeared months ago and the other was hit on the road a month ago. Neither would let me approach them. I find it disgusting how folks treat cats, the get dumped all the time.

I'm glad Finn has found himself a wonderful home and life. He's a good looking cat.

Once again speckledhen, a great read. We have one outdoor cat, neutered, taken in from my friend for house peeing. He's been here for 6 years now. We took in another at about the same time for peeing but he got tore up by coyotes and had to be put down. I miss that cat.

We always feed stray cats and had two that were dumped this early spring. The one disappeared months ago and the other was hit on the road a month ago. Neither would let me approach them. I find it disgusting how folks treat cats, the get dumped all the time.

I'm glad Finn has found himself a wonderful home and life. He's a good looking cat.

Hi, lady! Hope you're doing well. Finn chose us, certainly. He convinced DH that cats could be personable, none of the "pet me for 2 seconds then I'll scratch the crap out of you" stuff with this amiable fellow. I wish I could keep a flea collar on him-I write his name and our phone on them, but he just hangs them on the fence somewhere and they last about 2 weeks before they disappear. Someone ought to sell them in bulk, I swear!

Hi, lady! Hope you're doing well. Finn chose us, certainly. He convinced DH that cats could be personable, none of the "pet me for 2 seconds then I'll scratch the crap out of you" stuff with this amiable fellow. I wish I could keep a flea collar on him-I write his name and our phone on them, but he just hangs them on the fence somewhere and they last about 2 weeks before they disappear. Someone ought to sell them in bulk, I swear!
I can imagine him scratching them off on the fences, clever cat. Do you have lots of fleas where you are at? You could use the topical treatments. Finn apparently doesn't want to be owned.

I'm getting my knee replaced in three weeks, fun. I'm gonna follow Finns story if you don't mind me hanging out here.

I can imagine him scratching them off on the fences, clever cat. Do you have lots of fleas where you are at? You could use the topical treatments. Finn apparently doesn't want to be owned.

I'm getting my knee replaced in three weeks, fun. I'm gonna follow Finns story if you don't mind me hanging out here.
I do use topicals, but not prescription ones or the Sentry that caused chemical burns. I just get the Hartz stuff that may not be as effective but at least, no one has complained about their cat's/dog's skin peeling off with those. He gets a squirt the first week of every month.

Yuck, surgery, sorry about that. My DH has a bad knee joint from kicking a stump with a side sweep of his leg (buried under leaves and invisible). He popped it out of place and it has never been the same since then-he wears a knee brace when it's really bad.

You can hang out in any of my threads you like, of course! Check out the Brahma thread and the Atlas thread, both. They get more action than this one. Should be a few things to read for you, pictures to keep you occupied a bit.

I have been following your Atlas thread, though I still am reading through it from the start, I haven't had anything to add. Your birds are gorgeous. I will check out your Brahma thread, I wasn't aware of that one, thanks for letting me know.

I have been following your Atlas thread, though I still am reading through it from the start, I haven't had anything to add. Your birds are gorgeous. I will check out your Brahma thread, I wasn't aware of that one, thanks for letting me know.
big_smile.png

Coming back from the barn, I met up with Finn on his "Finn-Pad". It's the foundation of an old stone grill we dismantled last year. We never broke it up and we're glad because it's Finn's favorite place to sleep outside and to roll around on. I guess the concrete is cool.

It is sooo good to see that Finn is doing well and that he triumphed over what could have been a night of not so good adventure … smart kitty for laying low.

He is probably staying high [on your bench, on the fence] cos he feels safer.

I very much enjoy Finn’s tales and chuckle often .. X Cat Hater in the car looking for his little man
wink.png

Our two like their concrete pad also, warm in winter, cool in summer and great for rolling on.

I love that last picture with his little back toes all spaced out .. Happy, Relaxed Kitty.

Last edited:
It is sooo good to see that Finn is doing well and that he triumphed over what could have been a night of not so good adventure … smart kitty for laying low.

He is probably staying high [on your bench, on the fence] cos he feels safer.

I very much enjoy Finn’s tales and chuckle often .. X Cat Hater in the car looking for his little man
wink.png

Our two like their concrete pad also, warm in winter, cool in summer and great for rolling on.

I love that last picture with his little back toes all spaced out .. Happy, Relaxed Kitty.
He is a good kitty, probably the best one that could have showed up to wrap his tail around a cat-hater. Come the first week of November, he'll be with us two years, can you believe it? I'd like to get a LGD of some sort, a puppy to train, but Cat-Hater says Finn would probably leave and never come back. I don't think so, do you? I think he'll teach the little imp who's boss around here fairly quick.

Back
Top Bottom